Britain stole $45 trillion from India and lied about it.

£100,000 1920 must have been a metric f***ton of wedge.

Excellent fire disciple on the day too.
1,650 rounds, 1,800 casualties.

he’d brought a couple of armoured cars, but the gate was too narrow for them to come in.
ISTR that the Duke of Edinburgh got into trouble for suggesting that a commemorative plaque at the site had probably overstated the fatalities.

After it became clear that any apology from the DofE for having the temerity to point this out (he was correct in his observation, by the by) was going to be pithy and end in ‘off’, the matter seemed to go away. It was, of course, held against him as another example of what an embarrassment he was (a status which changed overnight to ‘national treasure’ when it became clear he’d told Tony Blair to ‘f*** off’)

From what I can gather 50 of the Indian troops had SMLE's, firing took place over 10 minutes and ceased because ammunition was low...

33 rounds per man and a rate of fire of less than 4 a minute... No running Amok here deliberate fire. And that's not much of an Ammo scale when allegedly expecting a rebellion...

Infantry fire was Plan B when his two Rolls Royce Armoured Cars couldn't get into the site.

Anyone know offhand how much ammunition a Rolls Royce carried?

Last edited:
British rule in India can be considered as one of the biggest Ponzi scams of the medieval times.Forcibly collecting exorbitant taxes from the poor and dispossessed and using the same money to buy goods in India,thus literally buying everything for free.

The goods which were purchased for free were then exported to other countries and the revenues collected were utilized in financing industrial revolution in the UK.Not even a penny of profits earned was shared with the Indians.

As a consequence such a laissez faire economic model,most of India fell into the despairs of poverty and hunger with average life expectancy dropping by a fifth from 1870 to 1920 with millions dying of policy induced famines.

According to the economists from Columbia University,UK drained nearly $45 trillion from 1765 to 1947.

How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
So what? We gave you chicken tikka masala. Fair exchange is no robbery.

(there may be another great here) was the magistrate who signed the order to ‘disperse’ the Peterloo demonstrators. Great deeds run in the family line eh?
Researching my family history I think at least one of my family got the good news that day which lead me to some research on the subject. Appropriately it might be a |Manchestor tradition of being stoned that lead to his untimely demise. I reached the conclusion after reading this; I got my copy several years ago in a long gone Manchester book shop behind Piccadilly (the proper one). Interestingly as I reached for the book someone else did the same. It was no other than Morresey. our fingers touched and our eyes met. I was quicker and got it. No I didn't bum him although his eyes said give us a go and I'll get you a discount. 10% meant nothing to my pride. I would have held out for 25 %. True story.

Blair was attempting to arrange being in the party walking behind Diana's coffin; he wanted to be seen to be supporting the two grieving sons. The story varies, either Blair or a senior advisor phoned the palace and got the Duke. DofE listened to the proposal then said either 'F**k off. They've just lost their mother' and put the phone down, or 'Tell him to f**k off. They've just lost their mother' & down with the phone (the unspoken bit being 'and they're not going to be used for your PR spin, you...'

I tend - like OB - to believe that the instruction to go forth and multiply was given to a spin doctor to be passed on to TCB, rather than directly, although I'd like the former version to be the right one.

Either way, when news of this emerged, the DofE's approval ratings are said to have gone up. I've no idea if that's correct, but it did coincide with the point that he started to be seen in a different light by many commentators who started to present him as a good man who in fact revelled in annoying the more snowflakish elements of the press and chattering classes.

Last edited:
Blair was attempting to arrange being in the party walking behind Diana's coffin; he wanted to be seen to be supporting the two grieving sons. The story varies, utneitjer Blair or a senior advisor phoned the palace and got the Duke. DofE listened to the proposal then said either 'F**k off. They've just lost their mother' and put the phone down, or 'Tell him to f**k off. They've just lost their mother'm down with the phone (the unspoken bit being 'and they're not going to be used for your PR spin, you...'
So who said yes?

British rule in India can be considered as one of the biggest Ponzi scams of the medieval times.Forcibly collecting exorbitant taxes from the poor and dispossessed and using the same money to buy goods in India,thus literally buying everything for free.

The goods which were purchased for free were then exported to other countries and the revenues collected were utilized in financing industrial revolution in the UK.Not even a penny of profits earned was shared with the Indians.

As a consequence such a laissez faire economic model,most of India fell into the despairs of poverty and hunger with average life expectancy dropping by a fifth from 1870 to 1920 with millions dying of policy induced famines.

According to the economists from Columbia University,UK drained nearly $45 trillion from 1765 to 1947.

How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
I ******* hope so!

Apparently the Beeb describes tonight's grief extravaganza on the topic as having rocked the Empire. What utter bo**ocks, Most of the Empire never heard about it, and wouldn't have cared if it had. Apart from a few early habitants of the Loony Left, those living in the UK would most likely have thought it a good thing. And as it had no effect on Sikh recruitment it appears the Punjab wasn't too agitated either.

In 1919, the only thing ‘rocking the Empire’ was it all kicking off in Ireland.

Watching that Amritsar. documentary last night was instructive.

Seeing pictures of the Streets in 1919 and the same streets In 2019

The streets were shit and Litter free in 1919

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Watching that Amritsar. documentary last night was instructive.

Seeing pictures of the Streets in 1919 and the same streets In 2019

The streets were shit and Litter free in 1919
I've said this before. Empire brought Third World countries into the First World. Independence sees them revert to type.

Latest Threads