Britain stole $45 trillion from India and lied about it.

So far this thread has gone pretty much as expected. No idea about the OP, although from the number of times he posts the same old same old and receives heaping sh1t in return I am led to believe he is one of those Indiands who enjoy a bit of self flagellation.
I am of the opinion that he only appears on the site, between serving his sentences for Rapey

That's not very likely now is it, the victims of rape are more likely to be punished

Unless you're saying he keeps getting raped and thrown in gaol?

I am of the opinion that he only appears on the site, between serving his sentences for Rapey
Or vice versa as I believe prisoners have excellent IT facilities in the chokey.

Hmm. and according to it, this is the man who discovered how to fly :)

And this sums up the average brit's knowledge about India.............

Flying carpets is not from Indian mythology...........

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
And this sums up the average brit's knowledge about India.............

Flying carpets is not from Indian mythology...........
So in 'A Thousand and One Nights' the prince doesn't buy his flying carpet in Bisnagar, India?

Are you wanting to rewrite literature now, as well as history?

Probably better to do some basic research before posting. At least try to look as though you know a little about your own country's culture.

So in 'A Thousand and One Nights' the prince doesn't buy his flying carpet in Bisnagar, India?

Are you wanting to rewrite literature now, as well as history?

Probably better to do some basic research before posting. At least try to look as though you know a little about your own country's culture.
So what if in the story he purchased the carpet from an indian city? the magic carpet is still not a part of Indian mythology unlike the vimanas.

Apparently the Beeb describes tonight's grief extravaganza on the topic as having rocked the Empire. What utter bo**ocks, Most of the Empire never heard about it, and wouldn't have cared if it had. Apart from a few early habitants of the Loony Left, those living in the UK would most likely have thought it a good thing. And as it had no effect on Sikh recruitment it appears the Punjab wasn't too agitated either.

Apparently the Beeb describes tonight's grief extravaganza on the topic as having rocked the Empire. What utter bo**ocks, Most of the Empire never heard about it, and wouldn't have cared if it had. Apart from a few early habitants of the Loony Left, those living in the UK would most likely have thought it a good thing. And as it had no effect on Sikh recruitment it appears the Punjab wasn't too agitated either.
Fact when he retired back to the U.K. he received a hero’s welcome, £100,000 and a country estate curtesy of the U.K. public who found him a hero of empire. On the downside (maybe) his Great Grandfather (there may be another great here) was the magistrate who signed the order to ‘disperse’ the Peterloo demonstrators. Great deeds run in the family line eh?

Fact when he retired back to the U.K. he received a hero’s welcome, £100,000 and a country estate curtesy of the U.K. public who found him a hero of empire. On the downside (maybe) his Great Grandfather (there may be another great here) was the magistrate who signed the order to ‘disperse’ the Peterloo demonstrators. Great deeds run in the family line eh?
Ooooh! Now if that's true I can see certain Partys trying to weaponise it as part of the organised Peterloo Bicentenary.

Sure I read somewhere that Dyers, admittedly, heavy handed action was due to British citizens (MemSahibs IIRC) being increasingly attacked in the streets prior to this event.

£100,000 1920 must have been a metric f***ton of wedge.

Excellent fire disciple on the day too.
1,650 rounds, 1,800 casualties.

he’d brought a couple of armoured cars, but the gate was too narrow for them to come in.

£100,000 1920 must have been a metric f***ton of wedge.

Excellent fire disciple on the day too.
1,650 rounds, 1,800 casualties.

he’d brought a couple of armoured cars, but the gate was too narrow for them to come in.
From what I can gather 50 of the Indian troops had SMLE's, firing took place over 10 minutes and ceased because ammunition was low...

33 rounds per man and a rate of fire of less than 4 a minute... No running Amok here deliberate fire. And that's not much of an Ammo scale when allegedly expecting a rebellion...

Latest Threads