Britain Signs Up to Massive European Military Integration

Do we accept “breitbart” as a reliable source?

CLAIM: Britain Signs Up to Massive European Military Integration Despite Brexit Vote

“The plans use all means at the EU’s disposal to encroach on every single area of UK defence planning,” warned Major-General Julian Thompson, a decorated veteran who led 3 Commando Brigade during the Falklands War and served as land commander for the British forces charged with liberating the islands.

“Policy, procurement, funding, intelligence services, command structure and defence research are all appropriated by these EU plans,” he claims, cautioning that “completely unnecessary” proposals for participants to establish “defence autonomy from NATO” will disincentivise funding for the American-led alliance and undermine it.

Rear-Admiral Roger Lane-Nott, who served as operational commander for the Royal Navy in the 1990s and captained the HMS Splendid during the Falklands War, has added that the plans “represent a startling escalation of central activity and control.”

GettyImages-72617427-640x480.png

. . . Anyone seen the keys for the “Outrage Bus” . . .

Credit/copyright: breitbart

CLAIM: Britain Signs Up to European Military Integration Despite Brexit Vote

I think that a) there is not a single claim in the article beyond outrage and b) breitbart is in no way, shape or form a "news" source.

offog

LE
“by that time the EU’s fingers will be in every single aspect of defence decision-making and procurement.”

Well they couldn't do a worse job than the MOD and may be a lot better.

4(T)

LE
Personally, I'm already quite convinced that UK secretly signed up to an EU federal military integration programme a decade or more ago, and that has been the main driver behind the increasingly asymmetric and apparently vision-less development (or rather run-down) of UK armed forces and infrastructure.

Personally, I'm already quite convinced that UK secretly signed up to an EU federal military integration programme a decade or more ago, and that has been the main driver behind the increasingly asymmetric and apparently vision-less development (or rather run-down) of UK armed forces and infrastructure.
Are you talking about OCCAR in 1996?

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

That will sit well when we bugger off out then.....

So will the Two carriers (currently under construction) fly a blue thing with lots of stars or the Union Flag?

That will sit well when we bugger off out then.....

So will the Two carriers (currently under construction) fly a blue thing with lots of stars or the Union Flag?
Be a bit difficult to fly a blue flag with lots of starts .

Have you not heard? We voted to leave and according to some they'll be war, pestilence and the carriers will have tonne burnt for heating and feeding the masses.

Or the whole story could be complete bollocks .

Anybody who has seen NATO in operation will no doubt be aware that an EU army would be equally shite.

Ever tried going to war when one country legally can't use its ISTAR assets for hitting any body, any Mediterranean based country is next to useless and Scandinavians disappear to do 'national business' which is akin to Viking raiding on any local who looks at them funny.

Last edited:

CLAIM: Britain Signs Up to Massive European Military Integration Despite Brexit Vote

“The plans use all means at the EU’s disposal to encroach on every single area of UK defence planning,” warned Major-General Julian Thompson, a decorated veteran who led 3 Commando Brigade during the Falklands War and served as land commander for the British forces charged with liberating the islands.

“Policy, procurement, funding, intelligence services, command structure and defence research are all appropriated by these EU plans,” he claims, cautioning that “completely unnecessary” proposals for participants to establish “defence autonomy from NATO” will disincentivise funding for the American-led alliance and undermine it.

Rear-Admiral Roger Lane-Nott, who served as operational commander for the Royal Navy in the 1990s and captained the HMS Splendid during the Falklands War, has added that the plans “represent a startling escalation of central activity and control.”

GettyImages-72617427-640x480.png

. . . Anyone seen the keys for the “Outrage Bus” . . .

Credit/copyright: breitbart

CLAIM: Britain Signs Up to European Military Integration Despite Brexit Vote
I suppose the Express is no better but here is the original article:
'It makes no sense' Falklands hero blasts Britain for AGREEING to EU military integration
The MoD response is pretty middle ground:
A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "As the defence secretary has made clear, we remain committed to the security of the European continent and will resist any attempt to unnecessarily duplicate NATO structures.”
There appears to be no specifics on what has and has not been agreed

I suppose the Express is no better but here is the original article:
'It makes no sense' Falklands hero blasts Britain for AGREEING to EU military integration
The MoD response is pretty middle ground:

There appears to be no specifics on what has and has not been agreed

Was stated a while back, whilst the UK remains in the EU it will not stand in the way of any plans for an "EU Army" as the UK will not be a part of such a thing due to leaving the EU in the near future..

This was reported from the start as the UK "signing up" to be a part of any sort of "EU Army" when the reality seems to be something considerably different......

Is that because it's more palatable than accepting that we have habitually made a b*ll*cks of it all on our own?

W P

LE

Hahahahahahaha.

“The plans use all means at the EU’s disposal to encroach on every single area of UK defence planning,” warned Major-General Julian Thompson

That EU authorities concern themselves w/the defence of the EU is hardly a shock, is it? Whilst those authorities exist in their current form it isn't even unreasonable. The EU's institutions are more-or-less a govt & the 1st priority of any govt is defence. I DON'T like the idea of an all-EU approach to defence, but everyone knows about the excessive size & power of EU institutions, & if you want to be in the EU you have to put up w/that. Hopefully the UK won't have to put up w/it for much longer.

W P

LE

Any actual evidence for this? Is there no other possible explanation for what's happened to the armed forces, e.g., a huge economic crisis + politicians' apathy, incompetence & desire to direct more funding to matters of greater vote-winning potential? Or are you just taking the p*ss & I'm too tired to notice?

Any actual evidence for this? Is there no other possible explanation for what's happened to the armed forces, e.g., a huge economic crisis + politicians' apathy, incompetence & desire to direct more funding to matters of greater vote-winning potential? Or are you just taking the p*ss & I'm too tired to notice?

It is THEORETICALLY possible that Cameron could have started such a process, with the intention of using the time between 2015 and the end of his reign at some point after the 2020 election to persuade the UK that sharing defence with the EU was a good thing as all the money being spent on "toys for men in green/blue/whatever" could be spent on caring and sharing via foreign aid, NHS, poor people, etc.

But that is immaterial as the UK voted for Brexit and at some point in the near future the Lisbon Treaty, and all to do with the "EU Army", will be irrelevant.

There is no evidence I know of that supports any theory of Cameron doing such a thing, and nothing to suggest that any "new" treaty on mutual defence has been signed, or thought about, committing UK forces to any organisation other than NATO.

I know Roger Lane-Nott pretty well and would be startling surprised if he had knowingly given a quote to Breitbart. This is no reflection upon his political views but rather upon his intelligence and absolute decency.

Copyright/Posted on October 13, 2017 by Baron Bodissey.

Viktor Orbán: “All the Institutions of the European Union Have Utterly Failed”.

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán spoke today at a summit meeting of the Visegrád Group in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.

Left to right: Polish PM Beata Szydło, Czech PM Bohuslav Sobotka, Slovak PM Robert Fico, and Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán at the V4 summit in Bratislava, October 13 2017

22492029_1512757515450394_2384842759750025401_n.jpg

http://gatesofvienna.net/…/viktor-orban-all-the-institutio…/

On the principle, that the more times I post the following, the better the chance that it might be noticed by those nice people in Whitehall who monitor this thread ;)

It may be appropriate to repeat the contents of an earlier post . . .

It is to be hoped that someone within our BREXIT team, is pencilling-in the idea of a purely economic, simply-for-trade, "Northern Economic Community" (NEC).

We can/have always worked well with the three Scandinavian countries, to which should be included Finland - now that it has (been allowed to) find/found its "own voice".

The "Visegrad Four", will be as disillusioned as anyone, finding themselves part of "The EuroSSR". Not quite what they expected after the SSSR.

It will probably be a minority suggestion, but purely on the grounds of practical, defence viability, the three Baltic States would add/complete, a geographical, coherent, whole, virtually surrounding the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.

With the remaining southern states/north Mediterranean countries; and, the three BeNeLux countries; faced with the only alternative of the Franco-German axis, it would be interesting to speculate to which group they would then all gravitate.

We ALL stay within NATO . . . obviously!

Latest Threads