Britain should quit European Union - Nigel Lawson

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, May 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Considering his enthusiasm for the EU when he was chancellor and Howe foreign secretary I find his sudden damascene conversion more than a little astonishing. I believe he and Howe threatened Margaret Thatcher with their joint resignations at one EU summit, a quarter of a century later and he's advocating withdrawal.
    His decision that the pound should shadow the deutchmark damns him as any sort of financial guru, or any other sort of expert.
    The only useful thing he ever did was to produce Nigella.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The Tories along with Labour are just trying to make the right noises to win back support. They won't go along with it, the noses are to deep in the European money trough for that to happen.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Yeah shove an older statesman on the news, that'll keep the public happy, nobody will remember mwahahahahahahahahahahaha
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Quite, I'm of an age that remembers Lawson (and his girth) very clearly.
    You too it seems.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Does anyone, anyone at all, trust David Cameron (or anyone else currently in Westminster) to allow a referendum on EU membership?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Whenever I see Nigel Lawson, all I can think of is that Spitting Image sketch of him squeezing a zit onto a toothbrush and cleaning his teeth with it!

....Didn't he used to be chancellor or something?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. This will the future of Europe like in business, Centralisation, De-Centralisation and it will keep Consultants in business forever who will ride and rape the trend, Centralise, De-centralise, Centralise, De-Centralise....and breathe.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Link
  9. I wouldn't trust them to organise a drinking session in a brewery.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not me. In the same way I can remember Lawson, I can, with equal clarity, remember Cameron's "cast iron guarantee".
    He's a liar.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. No.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Before 2015 general election?

Or will he be tactfully pushed?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  13. The bloated old ponce didn't perhaps get us into the EU, but he did get us deeper into it! He's right though, if we end up paying the full monty into the set in concrete and strangely not negotiable French agro subvention of unwashed peasants scam, then we might as well spray agent orange on all of France and save ourselves a fortune!