Britain says no to EU Permanent Military HQ.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jimmy Juice, Jul 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems Baroness Ashton and her paymasters in Brussels are not going to get the military HQ they so wanted for dealing with military and civillian matters, whatever they may be. Personally I find the idea of the EU elite having access to sharp objects and other shouty things rather upsetting, so I am really pleased it was William Hague who broke the bad news to them.

Does Baroness Ashton think she
  2. The link doesn't work, spooky.
  3. Ah yes, Baroness Ashton, the never elected to any job nobody thats now the unelected nobody representing a non elected government that represents nobody.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ahhh...finally the Government showing some common sense! They'll all probably have to go on a nice long summer break to recover!
  5. Hopefully that'll be dead and buried now - for a couple of years anyway.
  6. I know it has been said, and never said better than by 'sunnoficarus' above, but the appointment of Mrs. Ashton - The Great Non-Entity exceeded only by The Even Greater Non-Entity Hermann von Rumpelstiltskin - was a joke of the very worst taste by the failed oaf Brown.

This fatuous woman, a disgrace to her gender, exemplifies all that is wrong and wholly corrupt with the European Soviet Union:

- together with many other hugely expensive faults.

However, whatever the ESU wants it always gets. Stand-by therefore for a ESU Military HQ in the not too distant future. Remember, what Stalin wanted, Stalin got - the same is true of the galloping dictatorship that is the European Soviet Union.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You are right it is terrible.
    I am glad we can elect our own PM and all the cabinet ministers, and the heads of influential committees, and law makers, and the House of Lords, and heads of government departments, and institutions. I feel so much better that every single important and influential position in British government and constitution is directly elected to that role by us, the voters............uh, hang on a minute..... ;-)
  8. Some of us would like to see this change though.:)
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The reason our constitution never needed to be written down is that it consisted of only three words - 'Parliament is Sovereign'. Tragically that is no longer true.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Its more or less what the article so rightly said "The last thing Europe needs at this time is delusional posturing by the likes of Baroness Ashton and Herman Van Rompuy on the backs of the British taxpayer while the EU’s elites cling to their dream of building an anti-democratic supranational superstate. "
    I think Farage got it right here , WHO ARE YOU? WHO VOTED FOR YOU? etc etc ! see here :- ‪Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy‬‏ - YouTube
  11. Eurocorps is the closest thing currently in existence. UK have no staff in Eurocorps, having withdrawn the one Major who was there about 3 years ago.
  12. Is this the sexy beast in question? Is it just the photo? Looks like she may have a touch of downs...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bet her back passage is most accomodating!