BRITAIN"S WORST EVER DECISIONS!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by poet, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are britains's worst ever decisions?

1. Blair.
    2. Not having the balls to fight back in its own interest, As Britian backs America in everything.
    3.Steve McClaren as England's manager.

2. 1 and 2

3. Lets just hope Britains next worst decision won't be BROWN!

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That won't be Britain's decision until such time as a General Election is called. Broon & Bliar have already said that they don't see the need for calling a General Election, citing the move into No 10 of John Major.

Methinks that B & B are more scared that they will be well fecked at a Gen Election, as I hope their party in Scotland is tomorrow.

5. I suspect slightly higher up any such list would be small items such as:

1. Believing afghan tribesmen would allow the British Army to retreat from Kabul as agreed, rather than breaking their promises and murdering all but one man.
    2. Concentrating the rear-party of the British force at Islandwana (sp I know) and giving them more ammo and better defended position.
    3. Giving HMS Hood and the Prince of Wales proper air cover.
    4. Stationing armoured vehicles in Singapore before 1940 and ensuring that the coastal defence guns could fire through 360degrees, not just out to sea.
    5. Not sending British Forces to support the government of Ian Smith in the late 70s. Closely followed by not killing Mugabe on a trip to the UK in the 90s.
    6. Stopping the execution of criminals whos conviction previously would have resulted in transportation.
    7. Creating child allowance benefit for the 3rd child onwards. Ditto giving pregnant teenagers priority on the housing list.
    8. Not having disciplined the Huscarls enough to stand firm and not chase the Norman invaders when they are "retreating". Also joined with deciding that eye protection was for poofs when deciding what was sartorially elegant on the 11th century battlefield.
    9. Failing to have the SIS slot Mel Gibson on the Braveheart set.
    10. Joining the EEC based on the treason of that screaming arrse bandit Heath.
    11. Failing to prosecute Heath with treason when his lies became known.
    12. Applying the Human Rights Act to chavs when it is clear that they are untermench and have no rights.
    13. Failure to nuke China before the slant eyed little bástards developed the bomb. Ditto for North Korea and all the other pikey little shiteholes that now look at us in a funny way.
    14. errr... thats enough for now, time for some tablets.

6. No contest.

1. Allowing that old cnut Ted Heath to take us under false pretences into the Common Market in 1973.
    2. Confirming the decision by referendum in 1975.

Every time my old mum goes on about the decline in values of the modern generation I give her a gentle reminder about what our parents did for us.

7. Appendix A to No1. - then being fecking stupid enough to do the same thing at Cawnpore less than 20 years later!

8. In my list would be:

a. Having defeated Napoleon twice we handed France over to a French Bourbon king. A bourbon biscuit would have had more idea. We should have turned them into a colony.

b. Putting the defence of a crucial colonial outpost, Singapore, in the hands of Australian pi'ss heads.

c. Teaching women to speak.

9. Allowing a form of Governemnet that Elects a leading Party not a Party Leader.

10. Dreads 9 to 14. Best of litter so far. Really though, our whole history is a litany of poor decisions, crap planning and selfish directives. Again and again, these dodgy decisions were salvaged by the quality, grit and determination of the British serf class.

11. 1 Not slaughtering all the ragheads during the crusades - the world would be just a safer place now.

2 Giving back all the countries that we once owned.

3 giving benefits to chavs.

4 Open door policy to immigrants.

5 having to many busy bodies/bleeding hearts people who are always worried about other peoples beliefs/welfare/rights. they have caused this country so much shite.

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Somewhere in the top 5

Believing that the Americans would support us over Suez

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

To be fair, they were asked to vote on whether they'd like Britain to be in a Common Market. The question on the voting paper, apparently, was designed to get a yes vote. And it did.

They had to look very hard indeed (in the filing cabinet in the cellar with no lights?) to find out that they were in fact signing up to the United States of Europe. I remember my Dad complaining that no-one else seemed to know this tiny fact. His view (and we were stationed in Germany at the time) was 'ah, these French and Germans have failed to conquer us in war, so now they have annexed us in peace'

After his career in the RAF and then the NHS, I'm hardly surprised he emigrated to Australia!

15. Seconded.

I'd say stopping Guy Fawkes