Britain running out of workers? I have a cunning plan…

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Apr 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Use that as a campaign slogan and I'll vote for you.

2. The over 60's aren't working longer to fill any kind of manpower gap. They're working longer because someone moved the goalposts on their pensions start date, when it starts it isn't going to be enough and they dont have private pensions that deliver enough into their bank accounts every month! [end rant]

• Like Like x 10
  3. The problems of the sharp demographic curve caused by the 1960s baby boom has never been a secret. It's been known about and discussed since the 1960s. That the baby boom generation who worked hard and and paid for the previous generation's pensions and early pensions are now getting well and truly ******* gubbed has only one cause!

Over half a century of consistently self serving fuckwitted politicians!

The sooner Kim Jung un tips up and pitchforks them into the furnace of some crumbling Pyongyang power station, the better!

• Like Like x 2
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Say what you like, at least he has the trains running on time. Well, the private train that he (and his Dad) use to travel across NK. Other trains don't count.

I must say I've wondered for a while, how come keen and motivated young men and women still come here from E Europe, Africa and S Asia to find work, when there are obviously no jobs (can't be, or we wouldn't have so many unemployed)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh my heart weeps purple piss for the baby boom generation, with them owning over 75% of the countries property and having all the benefits of state funded education, can't even retire 40 years before they finally pop their clogs. It's shocking that they will have to do a bit of part time work, taking away valuable time from their favorite pastime, sitting on their fat arses, and blaming all the worlds problems on foreigners, the EU and youth.

For all those who go on about "skivers", this is the true problem:

Welfare budget: £58.6 billion (9.2 is for unemployment)
    Pensions: £144.6 billion

UK Welfare Spending 1692-2015 - Charts

Meanwhile, people in their 20's have to take up loans of up to 50k to get a degree, in the vain hope of being paid 25k, property ownership will remain a dream, they will be lucky if they can even rent a half decent place. Chances are they won't be able to move out until they are in their early 30's, when they aren't far off from staying home to take care of their parents.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stop whinging and stag on.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. You'll be telling me next that,the State Pittance isn't taxed ! :meditate:

8. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Start by rounding up all the anti-Thatcher protesters this Wednesday. There'll be a few in there who see paying for them and their multiple offspring as someone else's job.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Don't worry, there's a new baby boom* been running for a few years now. All will be well in 15 years' time when they come on-line. All we have to do is build the schools and give them a decent education for the post-industrial age.

* Mind you, many of the mothers weren't born in the UK and the rest are by chav unmarried mothers on sink estates (I read this in the Daily Mail). The Brits got too swallowed up in credit-led consumerism to bother with the tiresome nonsense of breeding.

10. Taffd will be along to tell us that there are very few jobs! doing my living on £53 per week, most of the people I come across in the day time have no discipline , no pride in themselves and moan about every thing, they are a bunch of *****. I do think that these oiks should have a compulsory 15 week, "national service" where they are drilled, worked and have to be turned out correctly, I am sure there are a few RP sergeant types who would be up to it....they are sponging *****, there is plenty of work out there.

11. Why do you expect them to even turn up?

12. You are a twelve year old Tory boy who knows the square root of nowt about work and what it takes to earn a living in our foreigner swamped country. Please, be a good boy and spend some time away from your keyboard and do some real work if you can find it. We don`t need Taffd, there are plenty other people on here with a bit of life experience to tell you to go away.

13. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Have you stopped to consider that perhaps the reason this country is foreigner-swamped is that they don't share your view on the extreme difficulty of finding paid employment and actually find it quite easy to get a job?

• Like Like x 2
  14. I`ll grant you that finding a job is not quite as difficult as some claim. Living on the minimum wage is impossible, not difficult. You do not live, you merely exist at a very basic level. I suggest you try it.