Britain now No 1 al-Qaida target - anti-terror chiefs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No surprise there NFY.

The pity of it is that the majority of decent law abiding Muslims will all be tarred with the same brush. Suffice it to say our media with is really pushing the negative side of those whose faith encompasses Islam.

2. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

And indeed why not. Terrorist campaigns work in the UK. If they are caught they will not face the death penalty, the prisons are cushy by comparisons and they will be released in a few years and invited into government. Tony Blairs policy anyhow.
    :(

3. Hmm... M15. It is something new.

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Aunty's view:

Sergei Nikolayevitch - MI5 is not new....nor is their involvement in domestic anti-terror ops....goes back to the years of the Peace Dividend (gee thanks Mikhail) when the ponderous Leviathan which had been preoccupied with Kremlin-watching (and failing to catch Philby,Burgess,McLean,Blunt, et al) realised that with the 'Empire of Evil ' apparentely out of the picture , they were looking at UB 40's all round.

( I'm deliberately expanding your colloquial English here :-D )

Dee Billybock

5. Terrorist catching tarmac.

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

When they start bothering to find out when people leave the country and where they go to when they do leave - I'll start worrying about the "terrorist threat"

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

hmmm.....here's funny old ting......when you get your foreign currency at the Post Office ( no transaction charges, see? ) they ask you to fill in a form stating 'Which Country' ?

So...uh....what's the currency in Pakistan then ?...uh-huh - the Pakistani Rupee (PRe)...okay, so why not ask sub-postmasters to just copy every transaction to Box 500.

Lot of raw data there.....what you do with it is your business....GEMS award please ?

( funds confiscated from convicted non-British national terrorists will do niicely thank you)

Lee Shaver

8. And with this currently happening:

Call to save rural post offices

Based on Goatman's suggestion:

'Fight Terror, support your local post office!'

9. But the thing is would the average Pakistani type supporter of terrorism use the post office to send funds or receive? Doubt it!
    The Pak Banks which have improved much under Musharraf may be one conduit as would Hawala type transactions.
    But what are you going to do if the transfer is made person to person?
    It may be that one of the persons involved doesn't even know that they could be carrying money in support of terrorism! 8O

Closer co-operation between the Paks and the Brits seems to be the key to this!

10. Think you'll find the ISI are not much cop. I personally know of one instance where an employee of said organisation was touting his profession to pull women when he was in GB.

If they gob it off for that end who else knows what they do?

11. But don't all organisations have those types of wastrels? Don't have direct experience (I think 8O ) of active ISI types but they have kept the state of Pakistan together for over 50 odd years and if they can do that despite of various wars, insurrections, coups etc, etc. They must be doing some right but they are a nefarious bunch 8O

12. Told you so! We will end up living behind the wire back in barracks just like the good old days of PIRA. The British Army is at its most vulnerable. We should bring some good NI security before all us old boys leave. The british public live till the next disaster they dont care where the next attack comes from just as long as it doesnt effect them.

Islamic fundamentalists are not being overtly supported by there communities that has been established. But it is still easy to hide from your own community whilst living amongst it as well as the security services. This country needs a good kick up its backside with regards to vigilance. The security sevices are overstretched at the moment which is not there fault and i admire there spirit trying to prevent british citizens being turned into charred mincemeat.

oh i could go on all day, i have served whilst pira were killing off soldiers left right and centre and i can just see us going down the same slippery slope............................just wish i was empowered to do something about it.

Armadillo.

13. Let's hope your thoughts do not extend to our security forces.

Bet the ISI were p!ssed off when Box 500 had a bloke in their embassy doing some arrangements.

Nice antenna above it though>

Attached Files:

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Concur, massively...add the rider

" ....and DEATH to the Unbeliever Kuffir Alistair Darling - Gordon Brown's catspaw "
    :twisted: