Britain Lacks Talent?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Outstanding, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is this programme like.
    Two Points:
    Bearing in mind the very many pretty damn good British (that would exclude non British) acts that play around the country, why and how do we get dancing ferrets that don't and an impersonator that can't.

Secondly, this programme seems to be very socially biased selecting only the "talented" from the apparently socially deprived areas. There are just as many highly talented "toffs" who seem somehow to have been excluded. Is this deliberate piece of social engineering?

2. No, talented middle class people have JOBS. They dont have time for your "working" class tomfoolery because they are not on government sponsored whole-of-life holiday schemes.

3. Really????

Iggy Pop - Father was a teacher.

Genesis - nuff said

James Blunt - Daddy was an officer.

The list really does go on and on.

4. How can we lack talent?

After all, we have had eleven years of Bliar type education, education, education.

I suppose however, if you leave school unable to read, write or count, it may be a touch difficult to show-off your 'talent'.

5. Gentleman of the jury, I ask you to consider Ray Quinn the scouse Frank Sinatra wannabe from Pop Idol, I constantly roam the streets of Liverpool with a ballpeen hammer hoping to bump into the talentless little w*nker.....where is he now by the way.

I'll pay for the info !!!

6. I don't know if anyone else watched LAST weeks Britain's Got Talent,
    But....there was an act on called Scala, a four piece, female electric string quartet! ?
    Now THEY were PROPER 'talent'!!

Attached Files:

7. That cellist looks suspiciously..er..male?? Potential 5 o'clock shadow etc etc.

GWAR on the left but that 7 foot blonde!!! Hubbada, hubbada, hubbada!!!

8. AND... their music was bloody good too!!!

9. Yep, they were brilliant, I hope they make it big after that, everything else I have seen on that show is complete nonsense, what about the fat biatch trying to dance? FFS, go back home and do some cleaning!

10. Did you see the squaddie striptease last weekend :twisted:

No talent there but he had minerals in bucket loads for performing his “act” on national TV :D

12. Plus none of these people were on a talent show, never mind this particular talent show. Typical bluddy lefty

13. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Caramba, that makes two living Arrsers who have read 'Rogue Male'!

14. Made me proud to be British that did.