"Britain joins EU army"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Nov 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like this bit: :roll:

full story at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1368150,00.html

2. No wonder "large Regiments" are being created, and Regimental tradition broken.

3. Well that'll leave two men and a dog to do the phase 1 & 2 training then. I think it's a great idea to cut troops, reduce battalions and then add commitments. Where do they get their advice from? The Magic Circle?? 8O

4. If the troops were ever needed I think itd be a case of whos not doing anything ie Op tours, rather than the primary troops coming from The 16/3 of Foot .

Also isnt this new european Army just ARRC under a slightly different role and name?

5. if we ever deploy i would rather be behind the French to stop them running away and act as bullet stoppers till its our turn to attack on enemies with depleted ammo :lol:

6. http://portal.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2004/11/22/dl2202.xml

I wonder if the EU Army will replace the armies of other European countries ?
    Perhaps the EU is intended to replace NATO ? Who decides where the new Euro Army will be deployed ? It seems to me that the European Union is slowly going to handle the military and foreign affairs for its members. The national governments will become secondary perhaps even be supplanted by the EU Parliament. Hopefully there is an escape clause should a nation decide that it doesnt like the direction the EU is heading ?

7. is we the Royal we? or are they going to send in the ACF? :wink:

8. :lol: "we" as in the British armed forces in general.
    I very much doubt they will be sending in the ACF having said that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to give each cadet a screwdriver and let loose on the enemy tanks and equipment , it will be dismantled in 30 second! :lol:

9. No, it's a new committment, nothing to do with ARRC apparently.

10. 307

307 War Hero

Why the hell do we need to do this? It's ridiculous are we not European enough already, 'Oi Tony, noooooo!' Our armed forces are to look after national interestes, why should we go where Fritz sends us. Putting the sodding Europeans in charge of elements of our forces is enough to make me sick.

11. No doubt that all time to§§er Chirac has something to do with it. The horse eating Tw@t needs to be quietly taken to a dark ally and given a short sharp double tap. The arrogance of the git to insult his host , even if his host is as firkin useless as he is, but to dis the Ma'am is hanging material as far as I am concerned. Give me the task and I would love to do it.

12. It is about time: I for one am looking forward to marching into the 21st century alongside our glorious European Allies. :D

Vive La Armée Euorpeanistani!

13. I'd rather be a pikey than a Frog.

14. 307

307 War Hero

I think it's time for a coup boys, we've been pushed far enough! Besides, blighty could use a bit more of an iron fist enforced by 5.56mm!

15. From the Irish Independent, 23 NOV 04:

Bit in bold: :roll: