Britain is a model for racial equality - Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities

Today im ablist

I opined that a film about aliens cannot be discriminiting against disabled people because the aliens hands dont look human - since they arent human.

The response from an obese typically lefty (in this case black female ) Was that I should stay in my lane, LISTEN to what disabled people say and dont use my ablism to dismiss disabled people.

Pretty much of course what she would have said if the subject was race or sexism ie you are a white man you arent allowed an opinion*.

If you are in that group and off message your opinion is invalid - and expressing it or supporting it is discrimination by denying group a a voice - if of course you quote an on message person thats ok thats enabling group as voice.

I did respond with more than the warrented Go away you obnoxious idiot (Spelt With a capital F and capital C**)
As a disabled person thank you for silencing my voice - because i do not hold the opinion you think I should.
I then pointed out that im a spacker because ive mangled hands and so by her logic my opinion is more valid and asked who was now out of lane?

I raise it because thats going to be the next outrage bus - although i cant see it leading to much rioting

*hence my mentioning gender and colour - size well it appears her disability if she has one is Greggs - I suspect however shes just a typical munter and only her niece is a raspberry -

**To avoid confusion the C word ends in a T

I have had my a/c on a local website which is good for sharing local information on local matters, road closures, local businesses etc. Suspended twice for daring to criticise some woke bird for burbling on about celebrating this crap "International Day for the Elimination of Racism". Her and a couple of her woke friends accused me of being "racist" and tried to get me removed from the site. I pointed out it was not a site for peddling marxist/BLM propaganda, using the terms woke & morons, despite having several positive responses from others, I am still on suspension.
Seemingly all anybody has to do is use the RACIST epithet and all discussion is banned!!

edited to add .. This in a town with less that a 5% BAME population, many of whom seem to work in the local takeaways or "Indian" restaurants so hideously white and mainly British!!

Last edited:
Today im ablist

I opined that a film about aliens cannot be discriminiting against disabled people because the aliens hands dont look human - since they arent human.
Thought Vriess in Alien Resurrection was badass in his chair!
vriess wheelchair.jpg

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Some excellent points above, but I fear that the tipping point is soon to arrive. The point at which common sense is thrown out with the baby and the bathwater.

I can see the white majority in this country kowtowing to the likes of the vile Sacha Johnson for fear of offence. It's already happened in advert breaks, tv shows and popular media with their over-represented inclusivity.

I had an argument with someone who's profile picture was white on Twitter (I know) and she insisted that because she was being racist to a white person (not me) it didn't count as racism. She literally said: "It's not racist if it's against white people."

I pointed out that she should look up the word: "Equality" in the dictionary and was blocked as a result, (whoopee doo). As @Cold_Collation points out, it isn't equality they're interested in, it's supremacy.

Holding onto something that happened hundreds of years ago as a reason for grievance is bloody stupid in my opinion. Move on and make yourself relevant, rather than using slavery as an excuse for your failure now.

It reminds me of @earth, who still blames the British Empire for India's woes, despite the fact that there is no such thing as the Empire anymore and television wasn't invented the last time we had anything to do with their country.

The UK is not a racist country at this time, although we used to be. Go to Alabama or Russia and see how ethnic minorities are treated there. Is there any comparison with the over-representation, postitive hiring discrimination and willingness to listen culture in this country?

I think not.

However, if the UK doesn't want to end up like Zimbabwe or South Africa, it really needs to start having the plums to challenge blatant falsities and lies peddled as truth by certain people.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Some excellent points above, but I fear that the tipping point is soon to arrive. The point at which common sense is thrown out with the baby and the bathwater.

I can see the white majority in this country kowtowing to the likes of the vile Sacha Johnson for fear of offence. It's already happened in advert breaks, tv shows and popular media with their over-represented inclusivity.

I had an argument with someone who's profile picture was white on Twitter (I know) and she insisted that because she was being racist to a white person (not me) it didn't count as racism. She literally said: "It's not racist if it's against white people."

I pointed out that she should look up the word: "Equality" in the dictionary and was blocked as a result, (whoopee doo). As @Cold_Collation points out, it isn't equality they're interested in, it's supremacy.

Holding onto something that happened hundreds of years ago as a reason for grievance is bloody stupid in my opinion. Move on and make yourself relevant, rather than using slavery as an excuse for your failure now.

It reminds me of @earth, who still blames the British Empire for India's woes, despite the fact that there is no such thing as the Empire anymore and television wasn't invented the last time we had anything to do with their country.

The UK is not a racist country at this time, although we used to be. Go to Alabama or Russia and see how ethnic minorities are treated there. Is there any comparison with the over-representation, postitive hiring discrimination and willingness to listen culture in this country?

I think not.

However, if the UK doesn't want to end up like Zimbabwe or South Africa, it really needs to start having the plums to challenge blatant falsities and lies peddled as truth by certain people.
The CRED Report is a line in the sand, there.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
The CRED Report is a line in the sand, there.

I notice that Labour and the BBC are quite happy to cross it and simply disregard it. The BBC are happy to promote one side of the argument uncontested.

I'm looking for better things from GB News, a news station that hopefully will be unbiased and fair. Something the BBC used to bend over backwards to advertise.

From my white privileged house on the hill, I see that the UK used to have serious racial problems, the Toxteth riots, No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs etc. but as a country, we have rightly consigned those times to the dustbin. We are moving forward and racism is largely being bred out of indigenous people here. It is being taught out of our school systems and popular culture.

Now, along comes BLM, churning up old, healed wounds and as a white person, I am being assailed left, right and centre, blamed for things that happened hundreds of years ago, things which didn't involve me or any of my relatives and I'm being told I'm racist for the crime of being white.

To find equality, I simply invert a situation - would this be racist if it were the other way round? Quite often, people are harassed and harangued for the colour of their skin, but only if you're white.

Could I publish a book called: "Why I no longer talk to black people about race?"

No, of course not. I would be prosecuted and Tesco wouldn't stock it. Is it equality? Is it fcuk.

Is there still work to do? Of course, but to say that the UK is "institutionally racist" is an absolutely vile misrepresentation of the facts.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I notice that Labour and the BBC are quite happy to cross it and simply disregard it. The BBC are happy to promote one side of the argument uncontested.

I'm looking for better things from GB News, a news station that hopefully will be unbiased and fair. Something the BBC used to bend over backwards to advertise.

From my white privileged house on the hill, I see that the UK used to have serious racial problems, the Toxteth riots, No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs etc. but as a country, we have rightly consigned those times to the dustbin. We are moving forward and racism is largely being bred out of indigenous people here. It is being taught out of our school systems and popular culture.

Now, along comes BLM, churning up old, healed wounds and as a white person, I am being assailed left, right and centre, blamed for things that happened hundreds of years ago, things which didn't involve me or any of my relatives and I'm being told I'm racist for the crime of being white.

To find equality, I simply invert a situation - would this be racist if it were the other way round? Quite often, people are harassed and harangued for the colour of their skin, but only if you're white.

Could I publish a book called: "Why I no longer talk to black people about race?"

No, of course not. I would be prosecuted and Tesco wouldn't stock it. Is it equality? Is it fcuk.

Is there still work to do? Of course, but to say that the UK is "institutionally racist" is an absolutely vile misrepresentation of the facts.
I agree with pretty much everything you've written here, but I have a more optimistic vision of the future. You mentioned a tipping point earlier, I am hopeful that one is coming (if we're not already on the cusp of it), but I believe it will be a change of attitude toward reality and away from the race warrior insanity currently prevalent. As I posted (even earlier!) the pendulum is due to swing back, thanks to our FPTP electoral system and the activists being so far out of step with the actual state of racial equality in UK.

Look at the current Government, a multi racial cabinet and a solid policy of "levelling up", yet the PM is regularly lambasted for being a racist (and his non-white ministers are criticised in blatantly racist terms by the race warriors, ironically). But do you think any of this confected race outrage will stop a large majority voting for this Government in a couple of years? I don't, because the majority of Britons regardless of race are getting more and more sick of being told what to think by an increasingly strident and evermore extreme minority of screaming agitators.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree with pretty much everything you've written here, but I have a more optimistic vision of the future. You mentioned a tipping point earlier, I am hopeful that one is coming (if we're not already on the cusp of it), but I believe it will be a change of attitude toward reality and away from the race warrior insanity currently prevalent. As I posted (even earlier!) the pendulum is due to swing back, thanks to our FPTP electoral system and the activists being so far out of step with the actual state of racial equality in UK.

Look at the current Government, a multi racial cabinet and a solid policy of "levelling up", yet the PM is regularly lambasted for being a racist (and his non-white ministers are criticised in blatantly racist terms by the race warriors, ironically). But do you think any of this confected race outrage will stop a large majority voting for this Government in a couple of years? I don't, because the majority of Britons regardless of race are getting more and more sick of being told what to think by an increasingly strident and evermore extreme minority of screaming agitators.

I genuinely hope you're right.

Issi

LE

I had a Facebook argument with an American about institutional racism a couple of years back.

I mentioned they had a president, sec of state, Colin Powell etc and a whole raft of other high profile BAME individuals .

His response was ‘yeah, but there’s only been one black president etc, so that’s racist’

I then pointed out there’s never been a Native American president, an oriental president, or an Italian or Jewish president for example.

At that point he got shirty, and blocked me.

gung_hobo

Old-Salt
I see a terribly racist and possibly sexist disparate group(ing) who should be banned, de-platformed (and tarred and feathered) from twatter, whatarpse and all of that ilk. People exulting at the fall of a major representative of a rare racial grouping, and dishonouring the person's valour.

It is sad that the left (they do not deserve capitalization), can stoop so low as to write spiteful and morally vacuous messages on Royal message sites. It is sad but not surprising, having seen just how vicious, mixed up, morally confused and small minded these unfortunates are.

Their object of vitriol is HMQ on the day that her husband has passed away. In itself this says everything necessary about these "people".

I have almost no internet presence. I do not do social media and never have. However, perhaps a few who are more IT savvy could put together complaints to platform providers to have spiteful, racist and valour deniers banned from social networks, publicly shamed and forced to recant.

A Greco-Danish previously homeless chap (it is recorded that he signed himself as "of no fixed abode"), decorated for bravery (MID), and a living God, so that is religious hatred as well, ought not to be castigated before he is even buried. It is assumed that the widow will bear her loss with rather more stoicism than the "look at me, but I complain for the good of others" crowd.

It is said that such comments reflect more on the people who make them than those they are made against. This is true. However, it is also true that the "silent majority" need to cease to be so silent if they do not want the shrill but vocal minority to win a decisive victory from which the majority cannot recover. Guido has shown a number of posts/twits/whatever that are seriously not acceptable for widely varying reasons. We have hate laws, perhaps they should be used against the people who think that their hates are correct? The nazis and Stalinists were convinced that they were right, but almost any independent observer would argue against both.

And to ISSI (the post above), if (as) you can string more than six words together and if (as) you have even the most basic understanding of history, then none of the woke or other "more modernistic vacuous adherents" will be able to out debate you when it comes to fact as opposed to feelings. If they can't win (and therefore influence you), they cut their losses and disengage. They can't have lost if they don't talk to the "nasty man". Ah well.

GH

Well colour me surprised.

And just take a look at the usual suspects totally independent and not lefty organisations who are against the report.

Charity So White - Lefty
Liberty Campaign Group - Lefty
National Education Union - Lefty
The Runnymede Trust -Lefty
BLM - Marxist.

Yes, my indignation is provoked for sure.

They're either promoting racial disunity as a means of weakening community cohesion to further the aims of their left wing ideology, or their job depends on a race relations industry exists and/or they're a left wing SJW

Pretty much it. Without racial division they have no reason to exist.

ANC govt in SA operate in similar fashion. Utterly useless, inept, corrupt and venal. They stay in power by fomenting racial divide. Find an enemy and turn your voter base against them through fear and you're guaranteed those votes.

SOP is for the tired old honkie bogey man to be dragged out from under the bed a few months before any election, dusted off and held up to show the voters how lucky they are to have the ANC to defend them against the menace of less than 8% of the population who have pretty much zero political power and zero say in things.

Of course, the failures of the cANCer are still blamed on something that ceased to exist a quarter of a century ago. Zuma was blaming some bloke who died in 1677 for his failures.

Mr. Sewell isn’t surprised by the venom that’s been directed against him. A network of charities, consultants, researchers, academic departments & political activists are 'literally invested' in keeping the idea of racism alive

Choux Bun

Clanker

I think not.

Here, here some good points well made... and I can't be accused of being colour blind because my PULHEEMS and the Ishihara Test recorded and proved the contrary!!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Well colour me surprised.

And just take a look at the usual suspects totally independent and not lefty organisations who are against the report.

Charity So White - Lefty
Liberty Campaign Group - Lefty
National Education Union - Lefty
The Runnymede Trust -Lefty
BLM - Marxist.

Yes, my indignation is provoked for sure.
My indignation arises from the fact that some people won’t accept the truth.

I find it remarkable that these organisations can presume to speak on my behalf.

I’m content with the report.

Idea: we have "hate speech" laws now. But could those laws be interpreted, or amended, to make inciting or inflaming racial tensions an actual crime?

The thing that gets me if Great Britain is so racist, why do people pay people smugglers to travel from Africa and Middle East to desperately try and reach Blighty

Leftys never seem to be able to explain that one, surely if Britain was so racist we won't be a magnet for people not of white anglo saxon origin?

Latest Threads