Britain is a model for racial equality - Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities

endure

GCM
I'm quite amused by the reaction to the report and the way it's highlighted so clearly that what the campaigners want is not equality, but to perpetuate their victim status so they can use it as both an excuse and leverage to obtain extra goodies.
I can't say I'm surprised.
Neither am I. After all even Afua Hirsch has a mortgage to pay...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm quite amused by the reaction to the report and the way it's highlighted so clearly that what the campaigners want is not equality, but to perpetuate their victim status so they can use it as both an excuse and leverage to obtain extra goodies.
I can't say I'm surprised.
But we shouldn't be surprised.

Being debunked was never going to be taken lightly.

What would be interesting, and there's no sign of it yet, would if the BBC were to conduct a nationwide poll of whether all of the population is content with the outcomes of the report.

Am I content, for instance?

There's no straightforward response to that.

I'm frankly unsurprised by some of the disparities which are flagged, even if some are news to me. I'm unsurprised, for instance, to see the underperformance of Mirpuri girls; I didn't know that within the black community West Africans are outperforming West Indians academically.

What the report does usefully is to highlight differences within what have been clumsily regarded as homogeneous groups - 'black', 'Asian' and so on. That assumed homogeneity is as much on the part of 'campaigners' as anyone else.

On that, Douglas Murray has made a very good point previously - that anyone who professes to speak on behalf of all of a community is talking nonsense, as each community is itself usually subdivided, and often many times.

His point is reinforced by a Jewish friend of mine whose local community numbers only a few dozen - even there, he can discern differences of opinion. So, someone (often self-)declaring that they speak on behalf of 'all of my community' just isn't. Another example is the non-white individuals speaking to camera on Turning Point UK videos to be found on YouTube etc; clearly not all BAME individuals are happy to be grouped with people who scream institutional racism at every opportunity.

Again, am I content?

I'm actually upset that in 2021 such a report even had to be commissioned. I don't think that the BLM 'issue' was positive, however 'liberating' it may purport to be. For one, it launched its campaign off the back of the death of someone in another country. 'Police brutality' - and that seems to be debunked by statistics, even in the US - was, we are told, the reason for the dam finally bursting.

We have seen every institution attacked, it seems, and a lot of knee-jerk virtue-signalling. Meanwhile, Sacha Johnson is caught on video calling a black man a 'coon' for disagreeing with her rhetoric - and that's somehow okay; it certainly hasn't resulted in a prosecution for the use of a racist term.

I don't see racism receding in this country. I don't see tensions easing. I don't see the majority white population being responsible for that.

And not because some people should know their place; I see a lot of brow-beating. I see a lot of guilt-tripping and branding based on my refusal to self-flagellate or admit some form of culpability because I don't constantly chant that this country is racist. If I object to what I see as over-compensation, I'm 'fragile'.

I don't spend every waking hour thinking about how to improve the lives of ethnic minorities because I'm busy working, paying the mortgage and taxes and getting on. I don't seek to disadvantage anyone - I compete in the marketplace like anyone else, I make the most of the skills and experience I have and if there comes a point that those are no longer viable I'll have to do something else. If someone else can do well, and do so within the law and without impinging on my life, that's absolutely fine.

And that's all, really.

But - but- I reserve the right in a country where everyone has unfettered access to the opportunity to succeed, and that's unfettered in the sense that there is no colour bar, to object when 'equality' means favouritism based on some notion of historical debt.

I don't object to the over-representation of Asians in medicine or law, etc. because all they've done is study hard and reap the rewards. No complaints here. I don't object to the numbers of non-white footballers in the Premiership; they're there because they're good. If I could do what they do and earn the same, I would. But I can't, so I don't. End of story.

But, racism. Racism. Racism. Historical, enduring, entrenched.

We've had an inquiry. It highlights some differences but also looks to point out that the system isn't the issue.

That I'm content with because we do actually live in a meritocracy. It's not perfect but it's as good as we can realistically hope for. It's up to individuals to sort out how they succeed within that.

Tyk

LE
I'm frankly unsurprised by some of the disparities which are flagged, even if some are news to me. I'm unsurprised, for instance, to see the underperformance of Mirpuri girls; I didn't know that within the black community West Africans are outperforming West Indians academically.

This doesn't surprise me in the least, the West Africans who come to the UK tend to not be infected with the Gangsta culture the West Indians have adopted from the USA. Thomas Sowell has discussed the issues affecting a substantial part of the black US population in depth, what it amounts to is the lack of stable families (absent fathers) and the deliberate embracing of the black redneck culture applies a huge drag anchor to the prospects of the black population. Absent that blacks perform academically and professionally as well as the white majority.

BLM is a manifestation of the whole victim mentality and not the reality. Colour blindness and equality isn't wanted, BLM is after unwarranted benefits, "reparations" based on an absurd premise and an excuse to victimise based on racist hatred of whites. The USA is greatly improved, but not close to the UK in terms of progress on equality of opportunity.

The outcome of the report has debunked the narrative that the UK is universally racist, all the racial minorities are disadvantaged and persecuted and that racism is built into all white people and all institutions. They hate it and are scared they will lose their cudgel to batter the majority into submission.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
This doesn't surprise me in the least, the West Africans who come to the UK tend to not be infected with the Gangsta culture the West Indians have adopted from the USA. Thomas Sowell has discussed the issues affecting a substantial part of the black US population in depth, what it amounts to is the lack of stable families (absent fathers) and the deliberate embracing of the black redneck culture applies a huge drag anchor to the prospects of the black population. Absent that blacks perform academically and professionally as well as the white majority.

BLM is a manifestation of the whole victim mentality and not the reality. Colour blindness and equality isn't wanted, BLM is after unwarranted benefits, "reparations" based on an absurd premise and an excuse to victimise based on racist hatred of whites. The USA is greatly improved, but not close to the UK in terms of progress on equality of opportunity.

The outcome of the report has debunked the narrative that the UK is universally racist, all the racial minorities are disadvantaged and persecuted and that racism is built into all white people and all institutions. They hate it and are scared they will lose their cudgel to batter the majority into submission.
Thomas Sowell is another guy who is strangely absent from the MSM reporting here.

Like I said in my previous post - it's not going to get any "better".

Everything we do in UK society is already shackled by PC madness and box-ticking initiatives. It's only simple logic to assume that ultimately that's where we're headed. Perhaps not in quite the same way but certainly in a way that will negatively affect the UK's cohesion, economy, output and ability to function anywhere near the level that it did years ago.

Like the old "you're a witch/heretic" finger-pointing madness and hysteria that gripped Europe centuries ago, this "you're a racist/xenophobe" finger-pointing lunacy has now taken the place of religious persecution. The prize example being that if you're accused of either these days, you're automatically guilty unless you can prove otherwise ...

The problem is that once accused you can never in any real sense of the idea prove you are innocent, even though of course a sense of justice tells us no-one has to actually prove their innocence and that it is up to the accuser to prove you guilty.

So what about the case where you do prove you are innocent? Well you are still guilty of being whatever you were accused of, it is just that you got away with it this time but as the accuser and supporters "know" you are guilty the innocent verdict matters not one jot.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Is Britain a racially tolerant country?

why yes, yes it is, vastly more tolerant than anywhere else in Europe, or the world come to that.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem is that once accused you can never in any real sense of the idea prove you are innocent, even though of course a sense of justice tells us no-one has to actually prove their innocence and that it is up to the accuser to prove you guilty.

So what about the case where you do prove you are innocent? Well you are still guilty of being whatever you were accused of, it is just that you got away with it this time but as the accuser and supporters "know" you are guilty the innocent verdict matters not one jot.
Nicola Sturgeon walt

:)

A question I saw asked on another forum cut through all the crap over racism and simply asked. Now that the government has this information will it act on it?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
A question I saw asked on another forum cut through all the crap over racism and simply asked. Now that the government has this information will it act on it?
That has to be symbiotic, surely?

If you've got a population that's hostile to the findings, how the hell do you get them to acquiesce to any changes which demonstrate and disprove the conceit?

Once you remove the excuse/reason/term it what you will, people then have to step up and accept that, sometimes, what happens in life is just life, and that there isn't some bogeyman at fault.

The UK's society already offers many open doors. Many already choose to ignore them or even actively campaign against them.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well.....

racism?

both me and the wife are forriners, both rocked up very early 70’s , me Irish, wife dusky, other than me losing a front tooth the morning after the Birmingham pub bombings, zip, zilch, nada.
both the kids are non white too, both are managers, one national, one regional, with IT/utility companies.

’Is it coz I is black’?
no, it’s coz you iz a thick lazy chippy cnut.

Go to school, get an education, don’t talk like U iz frum Wes’ side innit, don’t dress like a ghetto bum, and behold! You’ll do just fine.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Well.....

racism?

both me and the wife are forriners, both rocked up very early 70’s , me Irish, wife dusky, other than me losing a front tooth the morning after the Birmingham pub bombings, zip, zilch, nada.
both the kids are non white too, both are managers, one national, one regional, with IT/utility companies.

’Is it coz I is black’?
no, it’s coz you iz a thick lazy chippy cnut.

Go to school, get an education, don’t talk like U iz frum Wes’ side innit, don’t dress like a ghetto bum, and behold! You’ll do just fine.
But that gets translated into having to deny one's own culture and fit in with 'white' norms.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
But that gets translated into having to deny one's own culture and fit in with 'white' norms.

well yes, that IS the problem....
vicarious outrage by white middle class people ‘putting themselves in (insert minorities) shoes’.

see our local council who banned Christmas because some blousy white middle class Lady councillor though if she wasnt a Christian, she’d be offended by Christmas - so it became Winterval.
cue outraged chairman of the local traders association who is a Muslim kicking off at her.

endure

GCM
They don't do self awareness at the Graun do they?

graun1.JPG

Today im ablist

I opined that a film about aliens cannot be discriminiting against disabled people because the aliens hands dont look human - since they arent human.

The response from an obese typically lefty (in this case black female ) Was that I should stay in my lane, LISTEN to what disabled people say and dont use my ablism to dismiss disabled people.

Pretty much of course what she would have said if the subject was race or sexism ie you are a white man you arent allowed an opinion*.

If you are in that group and off message your opinion is invalid - and expressing it or supporting it is discrimination by denying group a a voice - if of course you quote an on message person thats ok thats enabling group as voice.

I did respond with more than the warrented Go away you obnoxious idiot (Spelt With a capital F and capital C**)
As a disabled person thank you for silencing my voice - because i do not hold the opinion you think I should.
I then pointed out that im a spacker because ive mangled hands and so by her logic my opinion is more valid and asked who was now out of lane?

I raise it because thats going to be the next outrage bus - although i cant see it leading to much rioting

*hence my mentioning gender and colour - size well it appears her disability if she has one is Greggs - I suspect however shes just a typical munter and only her niece is a raspberry -

**To avoid confusion the C word ends in a T

That has to be symbiotic, surely?

If you've got a population that's hostile to the findings, how the hell do you get them to acquiesce to any changes which demonstrate and disprove the conceit?

Once you remove the excuse/reason/term it what you will, people then have to step up and accept that, sometimes, what happens in life is just life, and that there isn't some bogeyman at fault.

The UK's society already offers many open doors. Many already choose to ignore them or even actively campaign against them.
That is the, somewhat paradoxical, conclusion that I always end up with.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Today im ablist

I opined that a film about aliens cannot be discriminiting against disabled people because the aliens hands dont look human - since they arent human.

The response from an obese typically lefty (in this case black female ) Was that I should stay in my lane, LISTEN to what disabled people say and dont use my ablism to dismiss disabled people.

Pretty much of course what she would have said if the subject was race or sexism ie you are a white man you arent allowed an opinion*.

If you are in that group and off message your opinion is invalid - and expressing it or supporting it is discrimination by denying group a a voice - if of course you quote an on message person thats ok thats enabling group as voice.

I did respond with more than the warrented Go away you obnoxious idiot (Spelt With a capital F and capital C**)
As a disabled person thank you for silencing my voice - because i do not hold the opinion you think I should.
I then pointed out that im a spacker because ive mangled hands and so by her logic my opinion is more valid and asked who was now out of lane?

I raise it because thats going to be the next outrage bus - although i cant see it leading to much rioting

*hence my mentioning gender and colour - size well it appears her disability if she has one is Greggs - I suspect however shes just a typical munter and only her niece is a raspberry -

**To avoid confusion the C word ends in a T

NOW YOU’VE DONE IT!

get with the programme!

You are not ‘disabled’, we are ‘differently abled’.... indeed, F off C from me to the patronising ‘stewards too.
Thou shalt not use the word ‘spacker’, or derivatives there of. .it’s hateful to differently abled people’s and makes fully fit and healthy right on minority rightists swoon and faint. What’s that, when asked what my differently abled ability was by the ED muppet, I said ‘I‘ve got spakky legs’. The clown actually reported me to my LM for that.

NOW YOU’VE DONE IT!

get with the programme!

You are not ‘disabled’, we are ‘differently abled’.... indeed, F off C from me to the patronising ‘stewards too.
Thou shalt not use the word ‘spacker’, or derivatives there of. .it’s hateful to differently abled people’s and makes fully fit and healthy right on minority rightists swoon and faint. What’s that, when asked what my differently abled ability was by the ED muppet, I said ‘I‘ve got spakky legs’. The clown actually reported me to my LM for that.

I wish your mother had decided to swallow instead of having sex

Last edited:

Latest Threads