Britain is a model for racial equality - Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities

The report from the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities has been published. Most media rightly report that there is more to be done but that Britain is a model for racial equality. Some racism still exists but the report found that the country is not institutionally racist.

The report of the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities: supporting research

Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities

This has been a significant disappointment for some on the left who have been claiming that Britain is institutionally racist in order to create division, which is ironic in itself. msm.com differs from most of the press by saying the report has caused anger. The Guardian headline suggests that No 10 is making the claim of being a role model, rather than citing the report's commission.

It seems that there was a determination by some to undermine the report before it had been released rather than celebrating the successes and working towards a better future for all, including the disadvantaged mentioned in the report.

Left Determined to Undermine Unseen Government Racial Disparity Audit

The "Race Relations" industry is busy chucking toys out of the pram left, right and centre. These "ism-based" careers don't fund themselves you know....

Stibbon

Old-Salt
"Victims and the guilty-by-accusation".

That is all.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
In 1972 Chinese premier Zhou Enlai was asked about the impact of the French Revolution and famously he replied "It's too early to tell".

Same here.
Nonnsense. According to EXPERTS on the Jeremy Vine show the whole thing is utter rubbish, and our entire nation is more racist than Hitler.

That's us told then.

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
It isn't going to achieve anything apart from stoking division. A report commissioned by a man who is famous for deriding institutional racism isn't going to be accepted by anyone independent of the woke/anti woke cultural wars.

He is right to point out that BAME is an inadequate catch all label for the complex circumstances of different minorities. But focusing on educational achievement misses the gap between black and white attainment, prison populations, deaths from Covid etc.

Last edited:
I agree.

Someone should tell those formenting trouble at the school mentioned in the article below, where - among other things - the school's union flag was burned by pupils who didn't think it was something relevant to them

BLM and others are pushing a divisive narrative and the common sense view of CRED and others is being lost.
Some of the stuff in that article is pure spoof.

Students living and studying in Britain feel they're being colonised
Students burn the National Flag of the country they live in and are studying
They protest at being asked not to have haircuts that 'block the views of others' - I know what they mean (massive afros), but it would be amusing if someone said they felt they couldn't express themselves because Ahmed has a centre parting.

Sounds to me like the new guy has rocked up and decided to impart some common sense and they aren't having any of it.

endure

GCM
Here are the people who wrote the report. What's the betting they'll all be called Uncle Toms?

rep1.JPG

rep2.JPG

Mattb

LE
I did like the bit buried on page 33 that 'ethnic minority' was preferred as a term (by those from ethnic minorities) over the gramaticaly rather-awkward 'people of colour', so hopefully we can stop having the ridiculous "it's people of colour, not coloured people!" thing.

That paragon of impartiality Mark Easton is busily querying the independence of the report on the 13:00 news. No challenge from the equally impartial Rita Chakrabarti.

It seems that if you don't say everything is raaaccciiissst, you're wrong.

Dread

LE
The Race Industry wants the opposite of a harmonious society: they want division and racial tensions. They want riots and bloodshed. They want racism: both from whites and from ethnic minorities.

Why?

Because, almost without exception, those lambasting the report (most of whom haven't read it) are communists. They are simply enabling their doctrine: it is only by destroying the existing society and making life truly terrible for everyone, will society choose communism as a solution to their problems.

Of course, once the BAME, BLM and such organisations realise they'll be out of a job because there isn't as much racism as was first thought, they'll be redundant. Oh. Hang on they'll not be as equally redundant as white folks. so those same organisations will have to be recruited again. :cool:

I am actually really glad to see this. Having grown up in a place with almost no ethnic minorities and now living in a place with very ethnic minorities I have little first hand experience. Viewing it from afar over the last couple of years I was starting to think the rest of the country had lost the plot.

I did like the bit buried on page 33 that 'ethnic minority' was preferred as a term (by those from ethnic minorities) over the gramaticaly rather-awkward 'people of colour', so hopefully we can stop having the ridiculous "it's people of colour, not coloured people!" thing.

People is colour is fine, I can claim to be oppressed then, as white is a colour too ;)

Hairy-boab

Clanker
Some of the stuff in that article is pure spoof.

Students living and studying in Britain feel they're being colonised
Students burn the National Flag of the country they live in and are studying
They protest at being asked not to have haircuts that 'block the views of others' - I know what they mean (massive afros), but it would be amusing if someone said they felt they couldn't express themselves because Ahmed has a centre parting.

Sounds to me like the new guy has rocked up and decided to impart some common sense and they aren't having any of it.
To be fair, if you watch the videos of their "protest" this morning, it is all pretty sweet. Kids having their first go at peacefully confronting the man. Must be a real minority who are burning flags and giving soundbites.

I know of an instance where a mature student (not at my institution) referred to himself as 'an ethnic' and was reported for racist language... by a white student.

Fortunately, since the head of department was (and remains) a sensible individual and who'd been made to sit through 'the training', he was able to advise the complainant that this might be seen as unconscious bias on the part of the complainant, who was clearly trying to impose extant white liberal cultural norms upon their fellow student and, in so doing oppressively restrict the black student's choice of self-referential language...

IIRC, the complainant ended up volunteering to attend unconscious bias training as a penance.

Latest Threads