Britain In a Day

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Britaininaday, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all at ARRSE,

'Britain In A Day' is a major new documentary project designed to capture a unique snapshot of Britain on a single day, and people from all corners of the United Kingdom are invited to take part.

On Saturday November 12th, between midnight and midnight, we are asking people in Britain to film something that captures the intimacy and singularity of their life and to upload it to a dedicated channel on YouTube. With the support of executive producers Ridley Scott and Academy Award winning Kevin Macdonald, director Morgan Matthews (who directed 'The Fallen')will use the rich trove of material submitted to craft a feature-length documentary film that captures the variety and vibrancy of life in Britain today. The result will be broadcast on BBC2 next year as part of the Cultural Olympiad.

The idea is based on ‘Life In A Day’, the global, user-generated feature film produced by Ridley Scott’s company Scott Free London and directed by Kevin Macdonald. 80,000 videos were submitted to YouTube by people all over the world, wherever they were and whatever they were doing. The result was a powerful and inspiring portrait of the world on a single day.

We’re not looking for master filmmakers. We want honest, personal films which provide a real insight into the lives of people in Britain and the things that are important to them. We want to encourage people from every corner of the country and every walk of life to submit a film so that we can reflect the true kaleidoscope of the UK today.

You won’t need professional equipment to do this, a camcorder, the video function on your camera or even your phone is enough. We will have a dedicated website with tips on how to film but ultimately this is about sharing your world not professional technique.

To help you get started here is a link to a what you need to do: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/tv/britai...n_in_a_day.pdf and there will be lots of helpful videos, ideas for filming, a list of questions you may want to answer and plenty more info including how to get your films onto the You Tube channel (must be uploaded by the 21st November) on our official website from Friday 28th October: BBC Two - Britain in a Day

You'll be able to watch 'Life In A Day' on the BBC in early November or via You Tube from the 28th October: lifeinaday's Channel - YouTube

We want to hear a range of voices and get a sense of people's lives - and that means getting the word out to those at
    ARRSE.To guide this process, and this is by no means prescriptive, I've attached a list of questions that people may want to use to inspire them as to what to show us about their world and their situation.

#Britaininaday
    BBC Two - Britain in a Day
    Tel: + 44 (0) 207 025 8388
    emma@britaininaday.com

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

What is it with TV production companies and employing fuckwits who feel the need to spam every single sub forum?

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Well I've now tidied that up and put it in here which I reckon is the best possible place. Also looks like a fairly interesting project which I hope goes well. No doubt some lucky person will treat us to a video of the joys of being on duty at the weekend!

4. Intimacy and singularity, are you sure that's what you want a movie of?

5. first time a spammer has been handled kindly on here

6. Particularly a journo one.

7. Maybe becuase it's in the Films part, not the NAAFI bar!

8. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I think because this one realised the error of its ways when the first responses came in and apologised at light speed.

Either someone's left the mong magnet switched on or Arsse is now an initiation test for tv researchers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FORMER_FYRDMAN

We know how to fix that though......

10. M'Lud will you be participating with a snapshot, if not will you still watch it.

11. Depends on wether posts are removed or the OP gets a message saying "Your post has been moved to the NAAFI bar as no current TV companies to pick on".

Anyway, a snapshot of Britain in a day isn't good unless it has 1 sad git who doesn't go out because he looks like a freak, a perv, a family who force their kids to do loads of activities they don't want to do, followed in the evening by a lad who thinks he's gods gift to women, but can't pull and a dirty young trollop who pulls on a night out, but doesn't go home til after midnight as the cameras have stopped following her by then.

Otherwise it's just the worst bits of Youtube on the TV.

12. I can smell the Sting.

This is Henriettas "Bitchy Dept" casting spores into our Persec. Princess Productions are innocently asking Arrsers for their "Videos" (Hopefully not one of us cutting a branch off a tree, a Stihl chainsaw on the rickety 20ft ladder, hope I dont fall off" type videos)

Call me paranoid, PP TV dont know us internet warriors from Adam, its a ploy to see our coal bunkers, dog-shit bins, and s**ds using Google earth, to locate that "tooth giving me jip" scum who ruined my website, Ruperts gonna **** us.

DONT TELL EM ANYFINK! Before you know it, Kelly (the winner of the Grand National)) will be round to give us the good news in a darkened, damp alleyway. Paul will be there to (willingly) pick up the pieces.

13. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Wonderfully paranoid, possibly true, but I doubt anyone would be smoked out by this.

If they were truly fiendish, they would trail a pitch for 'That's my shed'. Few here would be able to resist such temptation and would be quickly undone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The thought of the luvvies gathered around a monitor nudging each other and squealing "Oh, go on, dahhhhhhhhhhhhling, I dare you" made me laugh.

The rites of passage for a new graduate of the Ealing International University's Visual Arts degree course now to include proof testing any concept by means of Trial By ARRSE. Indeed, ARRSE in itself may become a whole new module of the course to obtain one of these McDegrees.

15. It was initially posted in 12 other forums within 2 mins