Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dashing_Chap, Nov 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. British have invaded nine out of ten countries - so look out Luxembourg - Telegraph

No doubt the lefties will hate this, but I think it's great! I'm quite proud of the fact that throughout history we've fought in more places than any other country in history, no-one else can make that claim. I wonder which regiment has fought everywhere/the most places? The Royal Marines maybe as historically they went about on ships? That would explain the Globe and Laurel cap badge too.

We should probably invade these places too just to finish the job.

2. I imagine the Royal Artillery or their ancestors must be in with a shot of having served in those countries. They don't have the motto Ubique for nothing.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Any countries that our military have not fought in or against can soon be covered by our football hooligans.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. If CGS needs any volunteers I'm up for Monaco anytime.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I reckon we should see if any of the remainder have anything worth nicking....Monaco seems a good candidate
  6. We could always have a go at those odd 'Stans on the way out of Afghanistan via the NLOCs.
  7. It's not vet accurate.... I served in the Congo !
  8. ...didn't have anything worth stealing.
  9. Amazing number of countries to have invaded over the centuries, have they all been invaded by the Army or are some a RN/RM effort.

Oh and the stans have plenty of oil and gas now, maybe time to add some more the the tick list.
  10. Well it seems Mongolia is overdue a good spanking...the mongs.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

at least we made an effort back then.

to be fair though it was usually the french wot started it
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

and there are a few there we contributed to their throwing off the yokes of oppressive colonialism or occupancy like bolivia and andorra where supported with arms money and the odd raid

most were just found, found aggressively or nationalised after private business took them over. the fighting over them came later. we didnt have the money to subdue so we co-opted no the US conquest of everything above state no 13 was very dodgy.
  13. And if it wasn't the French then it was the Spanish. What I want to know is what prize do we get if we complete the set?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. According to the UN there are 196 countries in the world.

And we have invaded 174 of them.

Damned good show what...
    • Like Like x 3
  15. The French don't even have a word for Victory!!!
    • Like Like x 2