Britain has a new Olympic Champion!

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by StickyToffeePudding, Feb 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Britain has a new Olympic Champion, Amy Williams in the Women’s Skeleton (that’s sliding down an icy track on your tummy on a biscuit tin lid to those who don’t know!).

[align=center] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: [/align]

Forward Britannia, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN! :salut:
  2. Sweet Fanny Moses, well you've finally beaten the Jamaican Bobsled team...
  3. Coooool Runnings, Johnny Foreigner... 8)
  4. Congrats Amy! See you on the cover, and double centre spread, of FHM/Nuts/Zoo in tweleve months time after the interest has died down....
  5. I watched heats 1 and 2 last night... ...and there's no fcuking way... It was that scary I had to watch the curling afterwards). :)

Good on yer luv.

PS Do you know that your bum wobbles very erotically as you go round the corners?
  6. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Watching her wobbly bum is much sexier than watching womens Luge. Although in luge you get to good view of the camel toe.
  7. Fantastic win. Congrats Amy :D Way to go girl!
  8. The Canadians have lodged a complaint about the shape of her helmet, the same complaint that the Americans made yesterday and was subsequently thrown out. Spoil sports.
  9. Well done Amy!

I am across the pond in Massachusetts and watched her. Scary feckin sport though.

For myself I am sick to death of snowboarding as I want to see women's hockey. Good sport and I know or have met 5 of the girls, two are on Team Canada and three USA. Nice girls and great athletes and all I get to see most nights is the face of "The Flying Tomato" and his snowboard. I never understood the British hatred of gwars but I am learning.

I was at a Harvard mens hockey game earlier and watched the curling while having a late bite to eat at my local pub. It is funny as most there had never seen curling before. It is easy to learn the basics and pretty soon everybody was into watching Canada v. Denmark womens curling. A very pro-Canadian crowd and when the Canadian girls stone bumped a Danish stone out of the house and ended up on the button there was a cheer. Generally, if USA not involved people cheer for Canada and Britain.

Luge, Downhill, Skeleton, Hockey are real sports and snowboard half pipe, freestyle skiing etc are made for TV games in my opinion.
  10. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

While skeleton is a girls sport, and the Bobgods are to be unleashed over coming days, hats off to Amy Fantastic to see her win gold, especially after the ladies were world bob champs last year.

Performed even better considering they only have the Alps of Southampton and the famous Bob und rodelbahn of Reading to practise on.
  12. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

This is great.

We do need a couple more gongs though, because at the moment we are languishing behind that wonderful snowbound country Australia...
  13. So good to see a Brit winning a medal in a sport that doesn't involve 'sitting down' for a change.
  14. Well done gal, who said the yoof of today are rubbish at everything :D

If it was me I would walk down first chucking a bit a salt on all that slippy stuff to slow down a bit :excited:

Love watching the biathlon, now that is the bo££ocks
  15. I know it's not the Naafi but........................

you would, wouldn't you!