Britain Best Placed to Withstand Recession?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by miles_gloriosus, Aug 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In before Whet! :twisted:

ETA: The basic advantage the Germans and French have over Britain? They both still have manufacturing bases that actually export stuff. Unless Gordon is going to export chavs and benefit claimants I think our export potential is limited.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Still total rubbish though ;)
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Britain as a trading hub dependant on service based industry is far more exposed to global recession than France with its agriculture and Germany with its manufacturing.
    However this is just an indicator, not a confirmation. Nobody at the Borse today thinks Germany is out of the woods yet. Watch the DAX in Sept (after the holiday season) for a better indicator.
  4. In his final months of self-appointed power, the Brown creature is operating a scorched earth policy. That is doing as much damage to the country as possible before his forthcoming inglorious defeat.

13 years of the Blair/Marxist tyranny have just about destroyed what was left in 1997.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I think Nick is too busy keeping in shape for his missus to worry about boring stuff like politics.... :D
  6. She's a vote-winner (with me at least):

Not even if she was naked and covered in chocolate:

7. Some bloke running the hedge fund organisation said last night on Channel 4 that the UK would probably be back to normal way before anyone else in Europe. He was the bloke who said (on Channel 4 News) that we were in resession way before anyone else.
  8. Did he say how long it would take for the tax-payer to pay the government off, compared to everyone else?
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Feck me - what an economic genius he is :roll:

I have not meet a single economist with a different view. But that is not the whole picture (did he not explain the debt bit?).
  10. Easily understandable. :D

11. I'm sure I can a wisp of bush there… 8)
  12. [quote="Oil_Slick]I'm sure I can a wisp of bush there… 8)[/quote]

Not bush, they're winnets.

She suffers from them and she's quite used to an annoying piece of poo hanging round her arse.
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well its the first thread about the recession that has decent eye candy in it.....
  14. I thought that was a bit harsh on Sarah Brown, fair enough she is not attractive and she is overweight and probably has a smelly box, but you should not have a go at her just because her old man is a dribbling mong!

As for the recession I didnt realise that Brown had finally admitted that we were in one, I bet it is someone elses fault!!