Britain’s most expensive petrol?

It's always worthwhile checking just off network at the junctions for local petrol stations.On my patch, J36 M6 has Canal garage, J38 has the truck stop, J40 has Morrisons, J42 has Carleton garage/Golden fleece, J43 has Tesco, J44 has Asda, J45 is just over the border near Gretna gateway.

It's always worthwhile checking just off network at the junctions for local petrol stations.On my patch, J36 M6 has Canal garage, J38 has the truck stop, J40 has Morrisons, J42 has Carleton garage/Golden fleece, J43 has Tesco, J44 has Asda, J45 is just over the border near Gretna gateway.

supermarkets ? I thought every one on here had a lamborghini or something ?

£1.60 a Gallon when I filled up my truck this morning, that's $2.15 U.S a gallon.

Cavuman

Clanker
Way back when (1965 - I was sixteen), gasoline was $0.25/gallon. When one pulled into the "filling station", a crew of three uniformed gentleman would rush out. One would commence refueling, the second would clean the windshield, the third would check oil and coolant levels.

A pack of smokes cost the same as a gallon of gas - a quarter. My father owned several gas stations, so I got everything for nuthin'! Them was the good ol' days!

- Ed

Petrol price rises don't really affect me.
I just put in £20's worth when I refuel.

tgo

LE
J2 Southbound of M5 there's an asda with petrol station that's generally a good 15p/litre cheaper than any of the normal petrol stations, good if you're passing.

tgo

LE
£1.60 a Gallon when I filled up my truck this morning, that's $2.15 U.S a gallon.
Your gallons are sadly vastly inferior to our mighty Imperial ones, however, even so, if you had our fuel prices you'd be paying something like. $6.94 a gallon (US) if we took a £1.33 per litre as is typical here.

You'll not be getting much sympathy over here at your 'high' fuel prices, lots of envy though :p

That's more expensive than Harrods.

ETA Anyone who doesn't arrange their route to avoid filling up on the services deserves the rip off prices.

Unless driving mil vehicles, then it’s find the most expensive.

Donny

ADC
Waze is useful for finding the cheapest fuel when you’re travelling: you can add a stop for fuel and it gives you a list of petrol stations on or close to your route, showing the current price for petrol and diesel. The data’s all crowd sourced so it’s generally very accurate. I’ve also found it better than Google maps for up to date info on delays on your route and best alternatives. Worth a look if you haven’t heard of it.

Latest Threads