Britain’s most expensive petrol?

'Confused.com' came up with this:
Clipboard01.jpg

Confused?

Motoring may well get dearer when the alterations to the petrol formula come into being.
Adding more ethanol or something. At the very least I will have to upgrade to the super stuff for my 'bike.
Reports are, the extra ethanol (?) has a habit of melting the tanks on some Italian 'bikes.

tgo

LE
Motorway services have always been a good 15p dearer than anywhere else, I'm seeing prices around 133p for standard unleaded in regular stations.

Motoring may well get dearer when the alterations to the petrol formula come into being.
Adding more ethanol or something. At the very least I will have to upgrade to the super stuff for my 'bike.
Reports are, the extra ethanol (?) has a habit of melting the tanks on some Italian 'bikes.
Remove the ethanol, not difficult at all.

I already run my carburated VTR Firestorm on Super; I had real carb icing problems on a previous mount.

Not looking forward to them making older bikes unviable.

Mix it with dyed water and leave sitting overnight, the ethanol bonds with the water and settles, syphon out the dyed liquid and you’re left with ethanol free petrol.

I buy my petrol in a "can", take it home and then perform the alchemy of which you speak?
How much volume would I lose? 10%?
At C£6 a gallon that's £1.25.

Cheaper to just buy the better grade fuel.

Checks first to confirm the NAAFI bar:- Confirmed. ( loosely Stolen from the Goon Show)

" Henry henry, the price of petrolum liqued has risen, what shall we do henry ?"

"Mins, it doesn't affect our 1895 all new hand cranked whale oil fired automobile, just light the wick in the engine. " :eek:

Last edited:
"Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97 and Synergy Supreme+ 99 ) is ethanol free (Except in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). We would therefore advise anyone who has concerns about the presence of ethanol in petrol to use Synergy Supreme+ – providing they do not fill up in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland. The European standard BS EN228 covers the requirements for 0-5% ethanol unleaded petrol, the labelling requirement for zero % ethanol is E5 (as is up to 5%), a E0 label doesn’t exist."

Chef

LE
Today Tebay. M6 Nothbound. Unleaded. £151.9 litre.
Can you do any better?
That's more expensive than Harrods.

ETA Anyone who doesn't arrange their route to avoid filling up on the services deserves the rip off prices.

That's more expensive than Harrods.

ETA Anyone who doesn't arrange their route to avoid filling up on the services deserves the rip off prices.
There’s something off about the variations in pricing, though. I have just been idly comparing the prices at various BP/Moto service stations and it varies within a few dozen miles from 134.9 at Lancaster Northbound to 150.9 at Burton-in-Kendal.

Latest Threads