"Brit troops on standby for poss Ivory Coast extraction

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Nov 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. according to Sky News. wait out

2. no way!

with who?

3. source: PA News via Scotsman website
    http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3741978

4. I bet HMS Ocean is being warmed up too.....

5. When do we run out of troops?

6. having read the BBC report it seems asif Chirac is ready to behave as Bush does, have not heard anybody shooting him down in flames about it, as for who can go I am sure thatthe rose coloured specs give the impression that there are plenty to spare.

7. Probably by the end of the month at this rate, these clowns of Pollies are believing their own bullshite, like Hitler in the last days of the Third Reich, phantom Armies being moved around that did not exist. :evil:

8. wouldn't it be oh so ironic if the French find themselves embroiled deeply in their former colonies , and the U.N. wont help them so they have to come beret in hand to the u.s. and britain for help

"troops , yeah of course me old froggy chum , no problem , oh , just one thing .....suck my c*ck first you backstabbing pr*ck" :D

9. I think the whole of 16th airborne detachment should be used to sort out the problem there, then make the relatively short hop across a few international borders and pay Mr Mugabe a visit!!!!! :twisted:

Agent smith

PS i realise that a large number of 16th airborne detachment (or whatever they are called) are currently in iraq or somewhere else in the world!

10. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4005515.stm

:D :D :D :D :D

11. its the Gurkhas going isnt it? they were also the ones who went into West Africa last time, when they went to Sierra Leone early 2003.

12. Typical of Blair - send the Gurkhas in then don't pay them the same pension as anyone else - he should be ashamed but sadly would appear not to know the meaning of the word

:cry:

13. In retrospect I may have been a bit quick to judge the good people of the Ivory Coast.

14. I think you'll find a large one of these [​IMG] will do the trick nicely.