Brit troops in Iraq had a duty under human rights laws - Euro court rules.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear.

"Phil Shiner, from Birmingham-based firm Public Interest Lawyers (PIL), which represented relatives of the victims, said: "This is a monumental judgment. Today is a historic day for human rights (lawyers) in Europe.........
  2. Phil Shiner is a well known piece of shit both inside and outside of Birmingham.

****ing useless solicitor as well, barristers avoid his briefs like the plague.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The irony being that British troops do not get the same cover.............
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You're really showing yourself up here mate. Barristers operate a 'cab rank' system. They take on what the Clerk leaves on their desk.
  5. Tell you what Biscuits, I'll take your advice. I know about the 'Cab Rank' system thanks, sorry you took my comments seriously.

I have met the man.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. So has Rose Gentle and a couple of other people who've lost their sons.
  7. If British troops had behaved themselves in the first instance, Phil Shiner and his ilk wouldn't have got a look in.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'm confused mate, what has Mrs Gentle and the other people who have lost sons got to do with my personal opinion of Mr Shiner?
    Are you trying to say I am being disrespectful to Mrs Gentle and these people because I don't like Mr Shiner?

The one mistake I did make was not checking that this was in current affairs.

Guilty as charged on that one.
  9. You slated his ability as a solicitor. I merely introduced you to a few facts and a few names who'd disagree with you. You also made other assertions which you patently could not support in relation to barristers. You then decided to let us all know that you had met Shiner, as if this was some form of justification for your 'opinion'.

Frankly, the one mistake that you made was to bump your gums about something you know **** all about. Now, how deep do you intend to dig this hole that you are in?
  10. I accept that your opinion is different to mine, is that OK?
    The Times article is very nice, I disagree with it, is that OK?
    I explained my mistake in posting my thoughts in CA, that was a mistake.

I await your next pithy comment.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Did the MOD not admit that one or two rotten Apples were to blame.