Brit sldr found dead of GSW

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Dec 28, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

More sad news.

2. did he slot himself or was it a nd?
  3. Difficult to tell from the wording, but if it was an ND they might have said it was an accident. Found on Boxing Day though poor b*gger. RIP
  4. Poor Poor man.

May god rest his soul.
  5. Rest in Peace old chap
  6. Does anyone know or is it possible to obtain the number of Non en actions deaths amongs troops in Iraq ?
    Up to mid 80's the Armys insureance service published the annual figures for deaths thsy had paid out on. Then figures became harder to obtain.
  7. I'll bet that accidents account for at least 40% of the fatalities. Thats about our rate.
  8. However it occured I hope he rests in peace.

9. RIP

Condolences to his friends and family
  10. A terrible waste. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
  11. 40% of non-enemy related deaths or 40% of all deaths? My experience in Iraq was that US personnel tended to be somewhat more casual about discharging their firearms: there were a disturbingly large number of bulletholes in and around the unloading bay at the Tallil Airbase px, for example, which would have raised eyebrows in Basra. I can only recall one accidental firearms fatality for the Brits when i was out there, compared to several apparently heat-related deaths (though my driver came within an inch of having his foot shot off by a civilian security knob having an ND with an MP5).
  12. Rest In Peace...

could have been a stray round some jundi tosser was firing into the air 3km away "acting all hard" they have to land somewhere.

Condolences to his kids.
  13. Whatever the outcome from the investigations, its still very sad news at the loss of another Brit Soldier, thoughts go out to his family and kids also :( . Theres never a good time for this type of announcement but at this time of year its even more sorrowful :cry: RIP
  14. There is a piece on this on the BBC News website, the link is as follows...