Now, this is a British board, and the vast majority of our members are currently serving British Military. As such, the humour can sometimes appear scathing and merciless, but, if you have broad shoulders, you can certainly get through the "initiation"
5 things to remember#
1. In common with most Brits, we dislike and distrust MOST politicians, but certain politicians, from Mugabe through Blair to Bush 43 are subject to special ire.
2. Don't take anything to heart, we don't know you, and you don't know us (yet) but if you can give as good as you get, you'll fit right in
3. Don't spit your comforter/throw your teddy in the corner, it'll simply attract more attention. Like you Americans say "Suck it up and move on"
4. Be prepared, for a lot of disagreement with aspects of US policy, but if you make good points and debates, they will be responded to as such.
5. Remember. most of the "armchair or Monday morning quarterbacking", is being done by people who have either been there and done that, or, are currently there and doing it, therefore, if a statement is made, that is regarded as "Bone" (Not very bright or informed) it tends to get the arrse kicked out of it.
Those points aside, welcome on board, look forward to your contributions
Take THE Piss - to be cruel and unkind or talk to each other like squaddies do.
Fag - a cigarette
Butts - The target end of a rifle range
Butt Party - The group of men who work the targets
So a Butt party taking the piss whilst having a fag break is a group of Toms engaging in jovial banter whilst having a rest from their labours and possible cigarette, not something which we'd all rather not think about let alone describe on this family orientated sight.