Brit Hells Angel shot and Killed in the UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. Yeah, Trip. We know. The story is a week old.

As a matter of curiosity, when was the last time a single homicide with a gun was considered newsworthy enough to warrant national (or even statewide) media attention in the US? Gianni Versace in 1997? Amadou Diallo in 1999 perhaps- although that was more than one shooter- 4 NYPD cops put 19 rounds into him (and another 22 into the surrounding scenery) Kayla Rowland, the 6yr old who was shot dead by another 6yr old who got hold of his uncle's .38 in 2000?
  3. Thank god "Gun violance" (or violence even) is still newsworthy in the UK, long may it continue
  4. Oh p1ss off and change your colostomy bag you decrepit old throbber.

Is your Alzheimers Disease now so bad that you can't even realise how old this news is?
  5. 1. Hes was a Canadian not a Brit (not that it matters)

2. He was not a member of any Hells Angels Chapter

3. I am so glad I live in a country were it is so rare that someone is killed by gun crime is makes national news
  6. Crab' I think it made the news because it's not often that there is an assasination in the UK. Apparently, this was a planned attack on This guy and was not a random killing.
  7. well said mate, thats what i thought, but seeing as he was a septic i thought i should perhaps be polite to the cretin
  8. I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there, mate. Go back and take another look at what I wrote. :wink:
  9. Got it! But lets hope it does'nt get so common that it fails to make the news here.
  10. R.I.P sincere sympathy to this gentleman's family friends and colleagues .
  11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Firstly, If a Hell's Angel was assassinated or even just killed by unknown gunman, in any US city it would hit the news media.

For those that complain that the article was old news, I have this to say, it was an update to the story and I quote the article's date:

The articles date on the BBC website reads: "Monday, 20 August 2007, 11:14 GMT 12:14 UK"

I fail to see what really matters, anyway on what the date was or when it happened, it did happen, and it was 'gun violence' in the UK, no matter how you look at it. Right?

What happens in the USA, has no bearing on this article at all! We have shootings everyday; however, Hell's Angeles members whether they belong to a particular chapter, or not are not assassinated here in the USA everyday. BTW Are you a Chapter member or member 'wellyhead?' Did you check the membership roster? Chapter files?

I see no need, for anybody to for make this post into a slagging match to make personal attacks. on me here!

'Carcass,' what makes you want to make this into personal issue here. I could no doubt come up with some choice 'things' to respond to your personal attack here, but if I did I would be just as crass, as you seem to be, so I'll not respond in kind here. :x
  12. I can certainly understand both sides of this debate, but lets be honest for a second. The US is quite a bit bigger and considerably higher in population, and therefor violence hits closer.

For example, if somebody is shot in Glasgow, people in London will notice. However, if someone is Shot in NY, folks in LA will be quite removed.

I'm not saying that gun violence ins't a problem on this side of the pond, but the situation in both countries is inherently different

Attached Files:

13. Then you might want to pick a different opening line from:

Because that looks like you're gloating and as (insert your CV here like you're just itching to do) you should know you have fcuk all to gloat about when it comes to violent crime.

And look again. I didn't ask about about city/local media, I asked about state or national media. A single murder of a non-celebrity on the NBC Evening News or CNN? Unless it was something way out of the ordinary- such as a little kid pulling the trigger or cops filling an unarmed man full of holes- not bloody likely, old boy.

My point is that it's nice that gun related homicides are so rare in the UK that they are deemed newsworthy, and not something that gets buried in the local news somewhere between the State Fair and the Sports.
  14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Perhaps, I could have chosen a better opening line; however, I see so much anti-american and 'septic' type of remarks here, on this board that involve our gun and related crime problems I couldn't resist a little jab. A VERY modest one compared to some of the things I see in some of the currant threads like 'Allies,' etc.

Also, you seemed to ignore my statement and my point that a Hell's Angel Club, M/C dude, being murdered or particulary, if he was assasinated in a USA city, County, State or any where in this Country, wouldl hit the media's front line news and the media, to include CNN, etc. All the media in the USA, would be all over it. Particulary CNN. (Not on the back pages either!)

(Note: no personal attacks in my post on this event!)

In looking at the UK's latest crime stats., and your media's comments on the use of firearms in the UK, I began to wonder if your not catching up with us. Only sadly, your legal citizens are unarmed and helpless. Here's some reading for you! There's plenty more too from your own media!

Here's little quote from the article:

"The failure of this general disarmament to stem, or even slow, armed and violent crime could not be more blatant. According to a recent UN study, England and Wales have the highest crime rate and worst record for "very serious" offences of the 18 industrial countries surveyed."