Brit govt spends £110 million on Security Guards

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Mar 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suppose that when the Iraq issue is sorted, then there will be a lot of 'security' guys looking for their next meal ticket. Oh well, back to the good/bad old days of mercenaries. Highest bidder anyone?
  2. There is always Iran. :twisted:
  3. I'm just surprised they have'nt given the contract to Tesco. I can just imagine it: Value Scecurity Guards, Healthy Living Drivers, Finest Bodyguards...
  4. Every little bit helps!!
  5. Came back from a course at the weekend, and once again over a Saturday night beer , the MPGS reps with us were asking "Why can't we go"?
  6. the americans have deployable security regiments can see why if there are enough mpgs we can't deploy them for operational camp security. It's not like many off them lack experience.
  7. Every single one I spoke to on Saturaday was ex-reg Smooj . The one with the least experience had done 6 years in the LI, and had been out a year.
  8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

This is what happens if you go reading the Daily Mail...

It has absolutely SOD ALL to do with a 'shortage of Soldiers'.

The FCO do not WANT to be guarded by Soldiers, as they are Civvies, and try, for very sensible and practical reasons, to distance themselves from the Military. The same applies to other Government Departments working in high-risk situations.

I can also think of two other good reasons why they don't use the Military:
    1. The Army have better things to do than nursemaid them (We train Soldiers to be more than bodyguards and drivers).
    2. The Army would undoubtedly be far more expensive.

Moral - Do Not Ever, Ever, Believe Anything In The Daily Mail (Except maybe the Horoscope).
  9. My point entirely and relieves other capbadges from stag duties to get on with there real time job and relieves the seniors from the nightmare of making sure the stag roster ties in with the shift rota.