Brit DA gets his marching orders

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Aug 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ahem....from a less than reputable source....,,2-2005380113,,00.html

...but according to man who knows a man who knows a man in Main Bldg who knows about this stuff:

Defence Attache removed from post (Sun)

It is reported that the Defence Attache to Pakistan has been removed from post after losing the confidence of the High Commission. MOD COMENT: The MOD can confirm that Brigadier Durcan, previously the Defence Attache in Islamabad, has been removed from post following an internal investigation into his conduct. The MoD decision to recall him was made after he lost the confidence of the High Commission. 17/08/2005.

Alas, the honey trap appears to have claimed one more struggling and shoot, watch and shoot.

Lee Shaver
  2. Sorry to hear this.
  3. It is quite possible this bloke has been stiched by MI whatever. There is more to this than meets the eye.

He is a good bloke.
  4. I'm sorry, but i do not believe this for a moment.

I know this man personally and he is an outstanding officer with the brain the size of a planet.

i agree with above, other things afloat!
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Mate, I've just heard a first-hand opinion which diverges about 180 degrees from yours....cap badge perspectives probably.

Will not speculate on reasons for his removal any further....I expect the Daily Planet will give us all a garbled version in due course....

Lee Shaver
  6. ISI strikes again :twisted:

In the interests of fairness, I do recall MI5 attempting to bug the Pakistani embassy in London a while back:,2763,1082428,00.html

Interesting, reports suggest the woman in question was a Pakistani 'defence analyst'. Believe it or not, there are quite a few women working in this role for the Pakistani Institute of Strategic Studies in Islamabad. Maybe it was:

Maria Sultan

or maybe:

Faiza Rais

Personally, if I was ISI, this is the Pakistani girl I would be using :D :|347&Page=25|347&Page=26|347&Page=28

Compliments, "Islamic' republic of Pakistan :twisted:
  7. Suspected Pakistani female spy.....

Ho-hum , who did you really upset Brig. Durcan?
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

curiouser and curiouser, said Alice....

9. Once again , who did you really upset Brig.Durcan?

Suspected Pakistani female spy - Righty-ho.
  10. Edited *gets coat and decides to comment, no more on this thread*
    Sorry Buddy! :oops:
  11. Nice analogy Castlereagh. :D One of "Buddy's" offspring or "special interests" perhaps?

Brigadier Durcan was not involved in this incident.

Razorman , can you check your PM's please?
  12. Just to lower the tone,

Maria Sultan would get it!

Back to the debate
  13. Razorman, can I claim my free beer now? :D
  14. For those of you who don't know what PTP is referring to, the identity of the 'Mata Hati' has been revealed:

MK is Maria Kiani:

PTP called this the day the news came out....guess he must have an eye for a 'certain' type of lady :D :twisted:
  15. Can I just say I am disappointed in the ISI, really disappointed. :roll:
    What happened with setting foreign agents up with Kusris?
    There is just no room for imagination any more!