Bristol - World coke head Capital

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
my sister used to live in cotham lots of old disused shops near by waiting on regeneration.
most start up drug related enterprises, places like kingswood are a drug paradise and chav city.
Yate used to be nice.

Before they built Yate.

I was born in Southmead which was iffy 50 years ago. Nowadays it makes Kigali look like Camberwick Green.

From when their old ground, Eastville Stadium, was situated next to a gasworks.
Happy days in the tote end, when Eastville was also a greyhound and speedway venue. I believe it's a Tescos now!
Bristol had a better class of druggy then as well.

Yate used to be nice.

Before they built Yate.

I was born in Southmead which was iffy 50 years ago. Nowadays it makes Kigali look like Camberwick Green.
I used to live in Yate. It was like living on the set of a live-action Jeremy Kyle show.

Tidworth was an improvement...

Happy days in the tote end, when Eastville was also a greyhound and speedway venue. I believe it's a Tescos now!
Bristol had a better class of druggy then as well.
Yep. St Paul’s was a fun place too, Redlands if you fancied a bit of sophisticated company. Early 80s before all the Arnolfini ponsification.

Have Whiteladies’ Road and Blackboy Hill been renamed yet?

Yep. St Paul’s was a fun place too, Redlands if you fancied a bit of sophisticated company. Early 80s before all the Arnolfini ponsification.

One of my friends told me he’d only had a gun pulled on him twice...in Basra and St. Paul’s.

Whiteladies Rd and Blackboy Hill are still there. Although not for want of trying, in the case of the latter.

Not yet, just Colston Hall for now!

Colston Hall transformation approved but no word yet on new name

Most of Bristol was built on money from the slave trade (if you include tobacco, sugar and cotton all grown on slave plantations) Maybe Bristol council should level the whole city and start again. The Germans managed part of it a few years ago!

My first ever real concert was at the Colston Hall, it was Motorhead on their Bomber tour, bloody loud it was too!

Not yet, just Colston Hall for now!

Colston Hall transformation approved but no word yet on new name

Most of Bristol was built on money from the slave trade (if you include tobacco, sugar and cotton all grown on slave plantations) Maybe Bristol council should level the whole city and start again. The Germans managed part of it a few years ago!

My first ever real concert was at the Colston Hall, it was Motorhead on their Bomber tour, bloody loud it was too!
Colston Hall! I’d forgotten that place! Legendary. There was. Colston School as well. Up Stroud way IIRC?

The Hole In The Wall pub just down the road. Levels of casual violence in there hadn’t changed since the days of a Press Gangs that gave rise to its name.

And Broadmead. The ultimate shopping experience, partly built on a plague pit which tells you pretty much everything you need to know.

I had an amazing night in a Bristol club, and I hate night clubs.I wonder if it's still there? Up the main shopping street hill, turn left into a square and down some steps on the right.

I used to live in Yate. It was like living on the set of a live-action Jeremy Kyle show.

Tidworth was an improvement...
I was born in Sodding Chipbury and spent my formative years in Gate..

King Edmund's school, Double O 2 pub, White Lion, Swan. The farm where the courts are now. The Navy stores, the ashtrack, Abbotswood where Paul Rogers was murdered. Newman's, Parnell's, Terry Norman at the bike shop.

I'm getting all nostalgic

I was born in Sodding Chipbury and spent my formative years in Gate..

King Edmund's school, Double O 2 pub, White Lion, Swan. The farm where the courts are now. The Navy stores, the ashtrack, Abbotswood where Paul Rogers was murdered. Newman's, Parnell's, Terry Norman at the bike shop.

I'm getting all nostalgic
Next time you're in Sodbury high street have a look at the cross on top of the war memorial and ask your self why it only looks about 25 years old!
Not one of our finest hours and a very expensive stag night!