• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Bristol cars in adminsitration

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jesus fucking Christ. Say it's not so? The last bastion of crafted English car craft. Oh, the hours I spent licking the showroom window down the draughty end of Ken High Street and them calling the police when I asked if I could lick a car.

Looks like a Rolls Royce you say? Bollocks. Maybe a Bentley with attitude, but your Bristol is to Rolls Royce what cashmere is to your minging shell-suit.

Friend of mine in Guernsey had the Blenheim 3S and I was lucky enough to drive it France last year for a short booze cruise to Bordeaux and back.

While the styling on the outside was a bit 70's, the comfort and performance were fantastic. He claimed that he never had any mechanical problems with it, the only embuggerance was the fuel consumption (even though he was/is loaded, he noticed the pain at the petrol pumps).

Isn't this the bunch of stuck up cnuts who wouldn't sell to to footie players and celebs? Cracking business plan Bristol. Serves those silly sod right.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Isn't this the bunch of stuck up cnuts who wouldn't sell to to footie players and celebs? Cracking business plan Bristol. Serves those silly sod right.
And that my friend, is why Bristol, although flat bust, in administration and on the bones of its arse, may hold its heads up whilst honest Englishmen may buy it chilled champagne till it pukes.

Footballers and Katie Jordon Price may apply to Range Rover. I believe they come with personal number plates and tellies in the headrests?

And speaking of Jordan, I think the 405 was the one I most wanted to jam up the shitter?

And that my friend, is why Bristol, although flat bust, in administration and on the bones of its arse, may hold its heads up whilst honest Englishmen may buy it chilled champagne till it pukes.

Footballers and Katie Jordon Price may apply to Range Rover. I believe they come with personal number plates and tellies in the headrests?
Liam Gallagher has one.

Many years ago, as a wee boy. A bloke who lived near me had a Bristol 410. I used to wash it at weekends for free because I loved that car! He used to take us for a spin in it and it was magnificent!

A genuine, bespoke peice of quality engineering, individually and very cool. Very few people had one, very few numbers made and hand built 'English' craftsmenship at its finest!

This is still my dream car!

This chap used to wax lyrical about the company and had some great stories. He bought one because he flew a 'Baufighter' in WW2 and had an affinity with the marque.............

When I asked him if he will buy a new one, he said "You never actually own a Bristol, you look after it for the next generation, so no, this is my car and a new one wouldnt be"!

I also read once in a magazine that a "Bristol is like an Lange Sohnne watch. Something only people with class would buy who are confident in their own choices, rather than those with money who care what others think, and wear a Rolex..............................."

Or words to that effect.

A sad day, RIP Bristol.........................

Immaculate pedigree.BMW were they not, bought over to Bristol after the war. I nearly got a pre war one in the mid 60s whilst at Hohne. Wish I had now. Vorsprung durch wotsit well before its time.

The reason the second picture from the OP looks like a Bentley is because it is a Bentley.

I have been a fan of Bristol Cars for years, but you do have to be seriously careful which one: the 404 is THE dream Bristol, followed by the Speedster, the Fighter and then the 405.

I accept that the Beaufighter is ugly, even by the standards of the 1970s:

Hopefully they will be rescued. After all, Eric Clapton rescued Cordings from administration, because that was where he bought his shooting clothing and couldn't bear the thought of going elsewhere.

Tony Crook, the proprietor of Bristol Cars for some 60 years, was very proud of the fact that 'only 2 people have ever been killed driving a Bristol, and one of those drove over a cliff, so we can hardly be held responsible for that one.

And I take the point made about the business model of not selling to chavs, slappers and footballers (I am assuming that Gallagher bought one second hand from someone who was prepared to betray Mr Crook), but aren't you grateful that some companies still have standards?

Now I might get a kicking for this bit are you sure the second picture in first post isn't a Bentley ?

Just as it's got a Bentley Motors number plate on it?

Latest Threads