Bristol cars in adminsitration

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by netleyned, Mar 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh the horror...

Attached Files:

2. Shit cars, not bad planes. No one wanks over Blenheims or Beauforts unsung for the part they played.

3. God they're ugly.

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Thought the bottom one was a rolls royce

5. That's the problem, no one heard of them and if they have seen one thought it was a Bentley or Rolls Royce.

6. It's like a cheap copy version, that isn't cheap!

Nice....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Jesus fucking Christ. Say it's not so? The last bastion of crafted English car craft. Oh, the hours I spent licking the showroom window down the draughty end of Ken High Street and them calling the police when I asked if I could lick a car.

Looks like a Rolls Royce you say? Bollocks. Maybe a Bentley with attitude, but your Bristol is to Rolls Royce what cashmere is to your minging shell-suit.

[​IMG]

8. Friend of mine in Guernsey had the Blenheim 3S and I was lucky enough to drive it France last year for a short booze cruise to Bordeaux and back.

While the styling on the outside was a bit 70's, the comfort and performance were fantastic. He claimed that he never had any mechanical problems with it, the only embuggerance was the fuel consumption (even though he was/is loaded, he noticed the pain at the petrol pumps).

9. Isn't this the bunch of stuck up cnuts who wouldn't sell to to footie players and celebs? Cracking business plan Bristol. Serves those silly sod right.

10. TheIronDuke

And that my friend, is why Bristol, although flat bust, in administration and on the bones of its arse, may hold its heads up whilst honest Englishmen may buy it chilled champagne till it pukes.

Footballers and Katie Jordon Price may apply to Range Rover. I believe they come with personal number plates and tellies in the headrests?

And speaking of Jordan, I think the 405 was the one I most wanted to jam up the shitter?

[​IMG]

11. Liam Gallagher has one.

12. TheIronDuke

Ah shit. Just when I thought the news could not get worse. Thanks.

13. Devasted, always thought they were great. Would only buy one if I won the lotto. Guess I might as well not get a ticket this week.

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Iron duke I just happen to have an original Lucas Pathfinder light thats in the middle of the grill of the car you posted if you want to buy it

15. Many years ago, as a wee boy. A bloke who lived near me had a Bristol 410. I used to wash it at weekends for free because I loved that car! He used to take us for a spin in it and it was magnificent!

A genuine, bespoke peice of quality engineering, individually and very cool. Very few people had one, very few numbers made and hand built 'English' craftsmenship at its finest!

This is still my dream car!

This chap used to wax lyrical about the company and had some great stories. He bought one because he flew a 'Baufighter' in WW2 and had an affinity with the marque.............

When I asked him if he will buy a new one, he said "You never actually own a Bristol, you look after it for the next generation, so no, this is my car and a new one wouldnt be"!

I also read once in a magazine that a "Bristol is like an Lange Sohnne watch. Something only people with class would buy who are confident in their own choices, rather than those with money who care what others think, and wear a Rolex..............................."

Or words to that effect.

A sad day, RIP Bristol.........................