Brisbane Air Show - WTF?

From the super, soaraway Sun:

Blimey - that looks a bit extreme for a C17! Nothing like that at Fairford......

I don't know where the Hercules reference fits in but I suppose least they didn't say it was a tank...

IMHO not nearly as spectacular as when they used to have an F111C/G doing a dump and burn down the river. The 'Brisbane Airshow' is/was actually out at Amberley, but Skyfire/River Fest is just a big day out from which the RAAF gets some excellent publicity.

Image result for brisbane skyfire f111

Image result for brisbane skyfire f111

Last edited:
I cant help but think theres going to be a lot of 'I told so' following the all too familiar air show crash.

I cant help but think theres going to be a lot of 'I told so' following the all too familiar air show crash.
I sincerely hope that your wishful thinking is proven completely wrong.

I suspect that Greta Thunberg will have something to say about it all.

I suspect that Greta Thunberg will have something to say about it all.
Is that her future going up in smoke to the applause of the crowds?

I note that the Sun costs 55p a copy.

I note that Tesco sell toilet paper at 33.3 pence a roll and it has far better information content.

There is a reason why airshows have crowd safety limits, it isn't about what has happened in the past it's all about what 'could' happen today. I remember the RAF Nimrod accident at the Toronto airshow where non standard maneuvers have to be conducted over the water, tragically 7 men lost their lives but it could have been much, much worse.

1570377939427.png

Incredible photography by Adrian Wedderburn (to give him the credit he deserves).
1570377190472.png

1570377225157.png

1570377247370.png

So basically the suns talking shite as the planes flew down the centre line of the river which is about 400 yards wide. Might be more, I was 9 when I was there visiting rellies.
But I remember it being wide

Last edited:
Anyone remember this one?

Yes I do, and by your posting of that video here, you show the Mong logic that as one aircraft of that type crashed once, all aircraft of that type are going to crash. It'll be a long walk for you to Australia. The only reason I haven't given you a 'Dumb' for that particularly stupid post is because of the loss of life involved. @Spank-it at least made a point with his post regarding XV239, in which a mate of mine's brother died.

'The investigation report into the crash was released on 13 December 2010. It blamed pilot error, stating that the pilot's overconfidence in executing an aggressive right-turn maneuver led to a low-altitude stall and subsequent crash, despite the warnings correctly provided by the aircraft's stall-warning system, to which neither the pilot nor any other crew member responded effectively.'

Nah. It was more of a pilot error with excessive manoeuvres which caused it...not my saying....read the official report.
The official report, as I referenced, while you, in your usual fashion, posted a video and then gave me a Dumb: you Mong.

Latest Threads