Bringing kit to parade nights

Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I recently attended a small meeting with a Sergeant from the AR unit I'm hoping to join, and he mentioned that there's no point handing in my kit from cadets and said I could wear it to parade nights (minus cadet related badges/patches.)

I'm a bit unsure about this as I don't want shit from the guys there, but I've been given the opportunity to wear it though. Any advice/thoughts?

Eh ? Im sorry but I think he's wrong.
The ACF issued you kit, so you hand it back when you leave the ACF. Otherwise it counts as theft, and you might well get a phone call requesting its return. Its not like moving between units in the army, these are two separate organisations.
You will be issued new kit when you've successfully undergone the potential recruit process.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sounds like the Sergeant is trying to work a flanker. Get you to sign for kit and say don't worry you already have it. Thus increasing his eBay stock.

It is rule #1 in the @stacker1 book of scams.

Eh ? Im sorry but I think he's wrong.
The ACF issued you kit, so you hand it back when you leave the ACF. Otherwise it counts as theft, and you might well get a phone call requesting its return. Its not like moving between units in the army, these are two separate organisations.
You will be issued new kit when you've successfully undergone the potential recruit process.
Clothing is a bit of mess when it comes to accounting, I will admit I have no idea how the ACF account for theirs but in some parts of the army its classed as immediately consumed so its written off (unless its a P or L class item) other parts insist on getting back the boxershorts that you signed for 5 years ago. When you leave the regular army some units just want the P/L class back and all the C class just gets forgotten.