• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Bring Back the 1771

As a TA soldier I used to claim for my travel (private car mileage) on a 1771 form. Now I have to have 2 logins, a PC at the TA centre and a degree in Computer Science! Luckily I have the latter but it's still a nause! I need my JPA password resetting (it expires after 60 days) but they close at 7pm - TA starts at 7:30. I cannot log in from home. I came in on a weekend and it was down for maintenance. I tend not to attend on training nights as I live 60 miles from the TA centre and the M25 is involved - but now, after a weekend, I have to come in (1/4 day's pay plus another travel claim) just to submit my claim - in the old days I would just send in a form! The 1771 cost 32p to send in, now it costs the Army nearly £20 in pay plus £30+ in travel. Where's the sense in that?


Similar threads

Latest Threads