Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bring back School Milk...

This is quite disturbing. A white haired teacher is toustling a boys hair lovingly with two other creepy looking teachers looking on with envy.
No wonder it was stopped.

Screenshot_20200927-203355_Free Adblocker Browser_copy_1080x1004.jpg

I loved it.
For all those in the Croydon Shooting Thread carping on about how shit School Milk was....

It was shit ! Crates of milk left to 'mellow' in the sun for a few hours, then we were forced to drink it all by vindictive old hags dressed in grey and black. I really struggled to get it down despite drinking gallons of the stuff at home. I found that if I put the end of the straw against a tooth and sucked the milk through my teeth, it tasted less foul than just drinking it normally through the straw. Might have been my 7 year old imagination? but it helped at the time...
I absolutely hated 1970's 80's school, miserable place run by bitter teachers who hated the kids. Another Brick in the Wall, summed it up perfectly. Such a revelation to visit my kids schools these days, happy places filled with colour and teachers who are decent human beings.

I used to love drinking milk at primary school

Mind you my mum wasn't too happy about coming up to the school gates every day and squeezing her tit through the bars...

And 1/3 pt is still a legal measure in pubs - glass must be appropriately marked, of course.
Even now, the only legal pub measurements for ale and cider are: one pint, half a pint and one third of a pint. I would have to be assisted by the assembled genius that is ARRSE, but 2/3 of a pint was not allowed until recently until the absurdity of the above was pointed out.

Thumbs up to Scunner for the reminds of school. When I was a young Rangdo, I loved school.
I first went to school when my dad was at AFCENT, and when I went to a school when we came back to Britain I loved the milk bottle at break. And I would neck the other kid‘s bottles.

QUOTE="loofkar, post: 10281695, member: 17909"]
what school was this Eton?
We barely had clothes that fitted, let alone coins .
I'm from a small pit village in County Durham.
I'm used to the best
[/QUOTE]

Well kudos for your business acumen - twelve farthings (3d) would have been enough for my grandparents to live on for a week back in the day

Last edited:
I'm from a small pit village in County Durham.
I'm used to the best

Well kudos for your business acumen - eight farthings (3d) would have been enough for my grandparents to live on for a week back in the day
[/QUOTE]
That was the going rate at the time.
Nothing to me, my dad was a wealthy miner