Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Bring back School Milk...

Ever noticed that since the demise of school milk, the 'matronly' teachers with huuuuuge bosoms also disappeared, only to be replace by pinch-faced little gingers with a voice that would sour yoghurt?
Just sayin.... those 1/4 pint bottles didn't warm themselves y'know ;)

Ever noticed that since the demise of school milk, the 'matronly' teachers with huuuuuge bosoms also disappeared, only to be replace by pinch-faced little gingers with a voice that would sour yoghurt?

1/3 pint

School milk act 1946

I'm convinced that my insatiable lust for tits has something to do with us being forced to drink milk at primary school every morning between 1964 and 1967.
Well, what else could cause such an irrational urge?

Last edited:
1/4 pint, Yorkshire tight gits - since forever.

You may be right, maybe I just had big hands for my age...
1/3 pt when i was at school back in the late 50s. It was bloody awful stuff very few in my class could stomach it especially in the summer! The school even gave us some straws which contained some kind of flavouring in stripes wound around inside the straw like a barbers pole. (not that most of you will remember them) but it did nothing to improve the dreadful stuff! The only milk i can tolerate now is Lactose free skimmed and that only just!

Excellent correlation OT, if I may add the adjective 'smothering' after the word huuuuuge.
I suspect we're of a similar vintage, with similar experiences.

I wonder why I'm a leg and arrse man!

I hated milk, horrible stuff. Yuk. Took my bottle and poured it down the classroom sink (yes, I am that old) every day.
I always sold mine. You could always find kids who liked the stuff and who were willing to pay 3d a bottle.
That's 3 old pennies to you young'uns

Disgusting stuff, I can`t remember how many break times I missed in primary school because I couldn`t drink it fast enough. I always seemed to manage the last few drops just as everyone was coming back in.
I`ve never managed to drink it neat ever since then, and about 18 months ago gave it up even in tea and coffee. Haven`t missed it since....

Disgusting stuff, I can`t remember how many break times I missed in primary school because I couldn`t drink it fast enough. I always seemed to manage the last few drops just as everyone was coming back in.
I`ve never managed to drink it neat ever since then, and about 18 months ago gave it up even in tea and coffee. Haven`t missed it since....
It didn't help that the stuff was stored in crates right up against the radiator at my junior school