Bring back national service

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by johnnyreno13, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every army in the history of the world has always had some deserters, usually much greater than we have today, because once again every soldier who's joined the Army since 1963 is a volunteer, and the numbers are very small and they are almost completely for -- people desert almost completely for personal or financial reasons.” I think the government should bring back national service.

2. Disagree.

3. The Army is for War fighting, not Social services!

4. Disagree, why ruins the worlds finest professional army with the dross and chavs of modern Britain's social failings?

5. You obviously thought long and hard about that question.

your reasons please ?

6. Great point, still laughing

7. Just visited your link, what a great site.

8. The only way you could instill sufficient discipline in a modern conscript army given the attitudes of todays young people is by corporal and capital punishment, and you'd never be allowed that given the PC attitudes of the politicians, so you'd just end up with an ill disciplined rabble that consumed taxpayers money without being a useful defence asset-look at the last 2 times a conscript army has gone up against real professionals-The Falklands and Gulf War 1- both total victories for the professional force, conscription is a relic of the industrial age...

9. The fonz has spoken!

10. The Fonz needs to be married and The Fonz needs a Fonzess, and I think it's time he settled down and had a family.

I can see it now a bunch of little Fonzies, all in little leather diapers!

11. Done to death, next time use the search function.

Holed.