Bring back Field Discipline!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by MadPickleFarmer, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The state of the sprogs cutting about camp p*sses me right off.
    The AGAI 67 system is not working so lets go back to the good old days! :D

2. Yes lets.

Diptheria, crippling boots, pointless 'large packs', Polio, Scurvy, furry shirts, trench warfare, muskets, steel helmets, carrier pigeons, purchased commissions, body armour consisting of a red tunic, exploding tanks and best of all, rat pack sausages.
  3. As a gauche 17 year old in a TA Infantry Bn on exercise somewhere on STANTA back in 1987, I was threatened with field punishment for drinking from my water bottle without having been ordered to . I think I'd inadvertently upset a rather young and enthusiastic Sergeant who was having a crisis.

Wisely (unusual for me!) I refrained from asking what Field Punishments were and have been wondering ever since!
  4. I think these have made a come-back.
  5. Well it did give us the greatest empire ever seen on earth....
  6. Ah, sapper so and so. I see you are late for work again?
    Yes staff, my car broke down for the tenth time this week and i've got a twisted sock and my cat died and and and and..........
    Yes yes yes, im sure that all happened to you, yes yes yes!
    I'll tell you what. Why dont you come round the back of this ISO?
    What s an ISO staff?
    Just round here, come on.
    Wack Wack, DONT, wack, TAKE, wack, THE, wack, F*CKING P*SS, wack OUT OF ME, wack, AGAIN!!!!
    WACK! :x
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No 'soldiers' walking around in growbags telling all how great they are! :cry:

A shed load of infantry battalions/Regiments.

An enemy who does not have anything more lethal than a spear 8)

A government that supported the troops - OK not often but it has happened in the olden days.

The Queen's shilling and all it means.

p.s. WTF is wrong with rat pack tinned sausages? Mmmmmhhhhh
  8. I'm telling teacher off you...
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Grow a pair, demonstrate the leadership and motivation qualities that a SNCO is supposed to have, and get the soldier to do what is needed without him having to be beaten into doing it.
  10. Ha Ha Ha!
    Did me no harm snail trail!
    These new c*nts wind me up!
    Working most weekends on w*nky jobs doesn't work.
    Shouting, phys, waitering on ect doesn't work.
    The big nasty troop sgt/ssgt needs to make a come back! :lol:
  11. Bring back FD? If you need to bring anything back, may I recommend bringing back Bacon Grill?
  12. Having read a few posts in the Seniors forum tonight, me thinks some of the 'SNCOs' are the problem, not the toms.
  13. Jam.
  14. Yeah! Even now seeing a packet of Rollo's brings back fond memories of being cold and wet and trying to eat them without the gold coloured foil on!
  15. Did anyone ever get the wrappers off the Foxes glacier sweets, now that was a test.