Bring back Field Discipline!

The state of the sprogs cutting about camp p*sses me right off.
The AGAI 67 system is not working so lets go back to the good old days! :D

MadPickleFarmer said:

Yes lets.

Diptheria, crippling boots, pointless 'large packs', Polio, Scurvy, furry shirts, trench warfare, muskets, steel helmets, carrier pigeons, purchased commissions, body armour consisting of a red tunic, exploding tanks and best of all, rat pack sausages.

MadPickleFarmer said:
The state of the sprogs cutting about camp p*sses me right off.
As a gauche 17 year old in a TA Infantry Bn on exercise somewhere on STANTA back in 1987, I was threatened with field punishment for drinking from my water bottle without having been ordered to . I think I'd inadvertently upset a rather young and enthusiastic Sergeant who was having a crisis.

Wisely (unusual for me!) I refrained from asking what Field Punishments were and have been wondering ever since!

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
MadPickleFarmer said:

Yes lets.

Diptheria, crippling boots, pointless 'large packs', Polio, Scurvy, furry shirts, trench warfare, muskets, steel helmets, carrier pigeons, purchased commissions, body armour consisting of a red tunic, exploding tanks and best of all, rat pack sausages.
I think these have made a come-back.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
MadPickleFarmer said:

Yes lets.

Well it did give us the greatest empire ever seen on earth....

Ah, sapper so and so. I see you are late for work again?
Yes staff, my car broke down for the tenth time this week and i've got a twisted sock and my cat died and and and and..........
Yes yes yes, im sure that all happened to you, yes yes yes!
I'll tell you what. Why dont you come round the back of this ISO?
What s an ISO staff?
Just round here, come on.
Wack Wack, DONT, wack, TAKE, wack, THE, wack, F*CKING P*SS, wack OUT OF ME, wack, AGAIN!!!!
DO YOU ACCEPT MY AWARD!
WACK! :x

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
MadPickleFarmer said:

Yes lets.

No 'soldiers' walking around in growbags telling all how great they are! :cry:

A shed load of infantry battalions/Regiments.

An enemy who does not have anything more lethal than a spear 8)

A government that supported the troops - OK not often but it has happened in the olden days.

The Queen's shilling and all it means.

A-Y

p.s. WTF is wrong with rat pack tinned sausages? Mmmmmhhhhh

MadPickleFarmer said:
Yes staff, my car broke down for the tenth time this week and i've got a twisted sock and my cat died and and and and..........
What s an ISO staff?
Wack Wack, DONT, wack, TAKE, wack, THE, wack, F*CKING P*SS, wack OUT OF ME, wack, AGAIN!!!!
DO YOU ACCEPT MY AWARD!
I'm telling teacher off you...

The_Duke

LE
MadPickleFarmer said:
What s an ISO staff?
DO YOU ACCEPT MY AWARD!
Alternatively:

Grow a pair, demonstrate the leadership and motivation qualities that a SNCO is supposed to have, and get the soldier to do what is needed without him having to be beaten into doing it.

Ha Ha Ha!
Did me no harm snail trail!
These new c*nts wind me up!
Working most weekends on w*nky jobs doesn't work.
Shouting, phys, waitering on ect doesn't work.
The big nasty troop sgt/ssgt needs to make a come back! :lol:

Yeah! Even now seeing a packet of Rollo's brings back fond memories of being cold and wet and trying to eat them without the gold coloured foil on!
Ahhhhh!

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Having read a few posts in the Seniors forum tonight, me thinks some of the 'SNCOs' are the problem, not the toms.
Fcuk me, Im agreeing with Flashy on this one :wink:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
WitchfinderGeneral said:
Bring back FD? If you need to bring anything back, may I recommend bringing back Bacon Grill?
WFG - if you are suggesting that bacon grill is a suitable substitute for FD (or Field Punishment as it really was) then I agree.

Tinned sausages however are ambrosia which the Gods have beneficially passed on to us.

Bacon grill was fine for breakfast - but who can remember having time for breakfast? BG usually went into the all-in stew; the most wonderful dish ever invented - Gordon R and Jamie O could not do better.

Way back when whilst on Soltau, I told one of the young chaps to get the brekky on for the section. He said "what shall I cook"? I said "just do an 'all in'"

So he did.

Everything.

Bacon, sausages, Chicken supreme, Biscuits AB, Fruit pudding, Cheese possesed, Apple flakes, Oat.....the fecking lot.

We were one bloke down for the first section attack. The chap had a BV stuffed up his arse.

Latest Threads