Brilliant site for building up your fitness

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Penters, Dec 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone looking to build up your fitness the Royal Marines site is really good if your not quite sure what you are doing and there is some pretty useful features to track your progress even if you do feel your confident. You have to regiser but it literally takes a minute.

I put a link to it in another thread but I thought it deserved being highlighted and I havn't seen anyone linking anyone to it so just pointing it out!

Link HERE
  2. Thanks for the link. Cool site.

3. Thats really really good and very helpful thanks very much.
  4. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I use the facilities at my cities Community Center. I pay an annual pass resident senior fee of $374.00. It has everything one needs to keep in shape, All the great machines and especially the lap swimming facilities. I could use the nearby Soldier's Field House at Ft. Lewis free; however, they have no lap pools, etc. Also the extra miles and hassle of going on post.
  5. Oh cool! Can I use it myself? Would they mind me joining from overseas - although i wouldn't be a regular user due to it being halfway around the world?
  6. I was just thinking the same thing, although you would get a medal :salut:
  7. LOL :D

Didn't think much of the dietary advice on the RM site, though I guess its just a way of keeping things simple.
  8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Your welcome to join Bossdog; however, your fee will be higher, since your a non-resident of the City. Perhaps, CRAB air could help with the travel? :lol:

I was just trying to point out some of the nice options for exercise, etc. for Americans at the local level. We're quite proud of our Community Center. :wink:
  9. Interesting.

Off topic, I've always been very impressed by the Commando propaganda pages, especially the week-by-week training breakdown and the like. ArmyJobs runs out of informational steam after a bit in comparison.

It's a shame you have to give out your personal details to watch the videos and such, very 'red tape'.
  10. Yeah I thought that too. Their advertising is just astonishing. I love this ad in particular:

11. I was actually in Fort Lewis myself in 1996 whilst on Ex Rainier Raider. Massive place. Although the accomodation blocks that the Armored Bn were in were stinking. Rangers were nice blokes too..with endless stories of Somalia.
  12. Amazing.

After just watching the video I already feel fitter.
  13. Really cool site and downloads for the video and pdf's are down and will be using these to get better