Brighton to ban homophobic music

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by arby, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Not hoping to start a homophobic rant btw

"Inciting murder is a criminal offence. It is appalling that the police forces across the country are not enforcing the law when singers incite the shooting, burning and hanging of queers."

I thought "queer" was a definite no-no word?
  2. Before we get involved do you like to smoke the bloke?
  3. Ive never had a beef dinner for two, no.
  4. In my experience it's like the "N" word - those who might be called it can call themselves and others like them it, because then it's 'ironic' but those of us who aren't, can't, because if we did it would be offensive.
  5. so if you were a black gay man you could legitimately call yourself a q***r n*****r?
  6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Well there goes my booking for me and my band. "Shoot all faggots" then.
  7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If we are to have censorship on music, then can we also ban songs that glrify killing police, white people, black people, any colour people?

But most importantly, can we ban the Spice Girls and James Blunt for attempting or suggesting they murdre tunes?

8. Oh....

Gutted! Call me if you change your mind.
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is that sung to the tune of 'The Horst Wessel Song'?
  10. from 'pink news'
    You have to admire his thoroughness,

I thought that straight people were in the minority in Brighton..

I'd have thought that it wouldn't be important who the target of hate is, it should be just as abhorrent to them that anyone is inciting murder at all, not just against specific freaks of nature, I mean members of society.
  11. seriously? I thought my band "free the paedos" were your support act?

back on topic, I actually think its a good thing, it may lead to the banning of all songs glorifying murder, which in the main is hiphop, this may be our chance to rid the country of this pish.
  12. more playing of Queen songs???
  15. Mind you this felching incident would make a good cabaret act :oops: Clicky Thingy

All the best,
    Stay safe,