Brigadier Richard Holmes...

I was very sorry to see of the death of Brigadier Richard Holmes. Excellent military historian, and Colonel of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. The British Army never had a better friend. "******* good show chaps, ******* good show".

Unless their are two Brigadier Richard Holmes didnt he pass away a couple of years ago?

I was very sorry to see of the death of Brigadier Richard Holmes. Excellent military historian, and Colonel of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. The British Army never had a better friend. "******* good show chaps, ******* good show".
Is your nickname 'Trigger'?

Nah more like run a mile

Died April 2011. Fine historian and author. I wonder when the OP was rescued from the uninhabited pacific island.
Hey forgive me, just got a book that told me. He was a good bloke.

Hey forgive me, just got a book that told me. He was a good bloke.
Fair one, One of my favourite fiction authors was a bloke called David Gemell and i was unaware he had shuffled of this mortal coil until i wondered why he hadn't written anything for a while, although i believe there have been previous threads on here about Richard Holmes.

I look at ARSE now and then. My very first small move towards the military, long, long ago, was helped by a then Major Richard Holmes. He was a good Officer. And a first rate military historian.