• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Brigadier Richard Holmes...

I was very sorry to see of the death of Brigadier Richard Holmes. Excellent military historian, and Colonel of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. The British Army never had a better friend. "******* good show chaps, ******* good show".

I was very sorry to see of the death of Brigadier Richard Holmes. Excellent military historian, and Colonel of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. The British Army never had a better friend. "******* good show chaps, ******* good show".
Is your nickname 'Trigger'?

Hey forgive me, just got a book that told me. He was a good bloke.
Fair one, One of my favourite fiction authors was a bloke called David Gemell and i was unaware he had shuffled of this mortal coil until i wondered why he hadn't written anything for a while, although i believe there have been previous threads on here about Richard Holmes.

I look at ARSE now and then. My very first small move towards the military, long, long ago, was helped by a then Major Richard Holmes. He was a good Officer. And a first rate military historian.

Latest Threads