Brigadier Alastair Lethbridge-Stewart - 1929-2011

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fozzy, Feb 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The death of this fine soldier was announced by UNIT HQ yesterday.

Nicholas Courtney - Telegraph

No more shall we hear "No 1 Rifleman, Chap with Wings, 5 rounds rapid!"
  2. The last man to go into action in full No 2 Dress with Sam Browne I believe..?

RIP Sir!
  3. What was the career foul that left him as a one star for 40 years?
  4. I heard from a mate of mine at the War House, it was destruction of Earth via Space Alien invasion, during his watch.

Apparently, he got a right royal wirebrushing off CDS for that one.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Rumoured that he was caught shagging Dr Who, but as usual this was hushed up at MoD; however, complete career ****-up. It is only the fact that he knew who else was shagging who (not Dr Who) at MoD that kept him in employment as Brig(Aliens).
  6. it doesn't much matter which order you juggle his names into, they're somehow plausible after the brigadier bit!
  7. Better keep our eyes peeled for the Cybermen to come for a return pop then.
  8. A fine soldier who was never scared to flaunt Dress Regs!
  9. Top soldier! I am sorry indeed to hear of his passing. The flag outside the Army Museum should be placed at half-staff in his honour.

Nicholas Couirtney as the Brig.jpg The Daemons Box Cover Resized.jpg Nicholas Couirtney as the Brig-2.jpg
  10. A rare photo of him without tache there, r i p Brig Lethbridge-stewart.
  11. Bugger.

12. Wasn't he responsible for the introduction of the "Turdis" Port-a-Loos which were deployed at the behest of the German Green party which advocated the banning of the digging of field latrines on exercise? Rumour has it that the Two-Star and above version for Corps HQ opened out into a jacuzzi spa and massage parlour if you lifted the seat in a certain way. Can anyone confirm this?