Brigade Reinforcement Team

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cuddles, Aug 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone fill me in on these organisations? I might be prepared to come back from the Halls of Valhalla you see, to either supervise the burning of livestock or distribute dodgy vaccines to our rioting urban populations in the event of a pandemic!

If anyone is actually running one of these and has a vacancy they would like a crusty old Gunner/Signaller (I swing either way!) with risk management background then give me a PM.
  2. msr

msr LE

Which Bde are you in?

3. 15 bde has one.
  4. 1 (Civ) Bde at present msr, but I am located in the South West...
  5. msr

msr LE

Standard advice remains: phone them up and ask.

But if you need that, then the BRT might be beyond you ;)

P.S. Do you have a medicine ball sized beer belly?
  6. So we've been told :p

Are these 25 "new" posts, or just 25 existing posts with "new" tasks added?
  7. These teams enhance the HQ allowing the regional bdes to support ops
  8. The BRT's have been established for several years now, and have been involved in a number of activities.

I'm led to believe that the duties of the BRT vary from Bde to Bde. Some seem to have a more involving job than others whilst the capability of the role is established.

The one in the S West was on the MoD website a few days ago, helping co-ord flood defence & recovery.

Cuddles certainly has the requisite hairstyle for the BRT.

PM inbound.

msr - you would do well to remember which of your lady colleagues is in the BRT. Next time you visit her to makee learnee in readiness for your new role, she may well beat you senseless. I can be bribed to keep quiet though ;-)
  9. Cuddles mate, with you being in my neck of the woods, i'd imagine you want 43 (Wessex) Brigade.

Postal address: HQ 43(Wessex) Brigade, Picton Barracks, Salisbury, SP4 9NY
  10. My beer belly whilst not six pack size, is not keg size either. I am quite aware that one should ring the 0845 number but "time spent in reconnaissance" or indeed in networking is seldom wasted...After all if a dozen CVs drop onto the G1 desk and they "know" the owner of one of them, and it is of course immaculate, then one has already demonstrated tactical prescience!
  11. msr

msr LE

Dozen CVs? The 'if' is as big as a Bde Major's beer belly ;)

12. Ah msr, so cynical for one so young? Looks like you are a quick learner!!
  13. And they do have a BRT. PM me and I can give you the name of the bloke who heads it up.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If its mandatory I'm willing to give it a try!
  15. Do these teams then make the regional brigades operational ones when they're called up?
    I would think that the difference between a regional bde and manoeuvre bde are more than 25 WO's and SNCO's? Although the logistics of moving in bottleloads of port are a capability in itself, supporting and supplying a few manoeuvre battalions is a different class of problem.