Brig Nicky Moffat in the Grauniad

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jan 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. AAhhh yes the good old WRAC - or "Warm Round And Cuddly" they were great! Clerks, cooks, drivers and coffeepots.

Women then knew their limits (see above) - great for troops morale, especially if you could get into the WRAC block!

Also the clerks worn knee length skirts and heels - just what the lecherous squaddie needs to keep morale up.

Sadly all this women's lib nonsense has destroyed a great British institution.

3. Tagged for a 2X by all accounts - wait out...

4. The WRAC may now be derided amongst serving officers. However, what is forgotten is that many of the women in the WRAC were filling demanding career appointments acorss the Army. Indeed, I believe Brig Gail Ramsey commanded Aldershot garrison. It is popular to mock the WRAC, but there were some highly competent women serving at that time.

5. You didn't have to find the WRAC block. Just do a battalion pre tour NI training stint at Lydd. They used to send a party of them down to act as local women. Meet one in a Lydd village pub on a night off and get invited back to her B&B. Job's a good un. :)

6. No problems at all if she has the ability, but after a 30+ year career, you would expect her to be able to sort her beret out - what an abomination that is!

Editted to add, I note she has done only 26 years, so I will cut her some slack.

7. Have they used the correct photograph? Whoever that is looks quite masculine?

8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Are you going to tell her?

9. Yep, that's her. Prides herself on those piercing blue eyes and 3 yard stare.

10. IIRC she used to be rather attractive in her late 20s/early 30s.

11. Only via email.

12. I am sure that many women would make a similar comment about most of our male Brigadiers.

13. Don't you have to be from a combat arm to command an infantry/armoured Brigade or Div?

14. So you haven't heard of the current CGS then?

15. Yes, I know he was Engineers - from what I remember I was told you had to be inf, armour, artillery or Engr to get that type of command (possibly AAC too). Since I was unlikely to ever make it high enough to be allowed to speak to someone that senior without being supervised I never really thought about it after I was told.