Brig Hammerbeck

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spanish_Dave, Dec 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Just noticed he got a CBE for work to British business in Hong Kong, strange how he stayed a Brig after commanding 4 Bde in GW1
  2. I know this bloke from there, spent a long time with him, can't put on a 'polite forum' like Arrse what I think of him.

Could tell you a few stories though, and its no suprise to me he stayed a 1 star!!

Oh and I bet this thread gets pulled :)
  3. Dave, have PM'd you
  4. A name from the past....

Brig "My HQ doesn't need Ptarmigan because we've got SCRA(T)' Hammerbeck., allegedly of course :wink:
  5. A friend of one K Adie! He's done well in HK,representing British business interests.Does anyone remember him from Cyclops Sqn?
  6. Allededly my arse! :wink:
  7. Heard that one....

What a technophobe..

Whats he doing now? Running a Telco? :wink: :oops:
  8. Sorry can't not tell this!

My own experiences with the man were as a lowly OR and his attitude to the rank and file (in public was fine) but in private was awful. I remember one memorable night when it was v cold (in the bloody desert and it did snow!) and everyone was huddling around their kero heaters. The Brig had one in his carowagon but he was still cold so sent me out to get another. The QM didnt have any spares so told his highness this, not interested he said, get one!

Off to see the OC Sqn who said the only one available was to take the one from the Comms Ops diamond, one being shared by 9 blokes, could I tell the Brig that.

I was sure the Brig wouldn’t want to do this so went back and told him the only one avail was the heater from Comms Ops, which would affect 9 blokes. Ok he says, go and get that!! So he ended up with 2, the blokes had to go cold. :x

Could not believe it! Tosser :evil:
  9. had him as a 2rtr,before he was famous, ,,,no comment....