Briefing

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by francis666, Apr 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how long it should roughly take from sending off the Officer Application and medical forms, to hearing from Westbury with a briefing date?

Thanks

2. ;

From sending off the CV to Briefing took me 4 months

3. Is that 4 to hear from them, or until you attended briefing?

4. Right ok, thanks.

How long was it though from sending your CV off to hearing anything back at all, ie a letter with the briefing date? I only ask as i sent the CV off a few weeks ago and havent heard anything, and am not sure if this is cause for concern.

Thanks again

5. ;
    4 months to physically get to Westbury for briefing.

They're very busy people, so don't worry about it, you will be dealt with in time, but I think I recieved my first correspondance from them around 2 months after my sponsor (your recruiter) sent off the CV. The first bit of literature is about potential course dates, you confirm or reject a date, then about 4 or 5 weeks before attending you'll recieve joining instructions telling you all about the briefing.

Hope this helps.

6. Thanks, appreciate it

7. I had not heard anything back a few weeks after sending in my medical form/CV, etc. So I sent an email to westbury and they replied the same day with my briefing date. I suggest you just send a quick email.

8. Speak to your ACA. My ACA is on the case every week, and often on my case too to ensure I'm chasing things my end.

JB

9. hello was just wonder if anyone had any links for some practice aptitude tests as im preparing for my briefing :)

10. A simple google search turned up this result.

There's a few tests on there courtesy of Kent University apparently...

11. wow that test was hard...my math skills have really suffered since leaving school, thanks the-usual.

:)

12. You're welcome.

Before I did my briefing I hadn't done any maths for about 5 years. However, the maths itself is fairly simple, its more about showing you can identify and use the relevant data.

It sounds patronising, but the BBC bitesize guides are good for refreshing your mind on the basic math techniques required in the test (working with percentages, percentage increases/decreases etc).

It's definately an important area to get a grasp on, especially since the results from the MAP tests will be sent on to AOSB Main Board.

13. Equally stupid as it may sound, but before i went down on my breifing i borrowed my girlfriend's DS and did the braintraining thing as well as all the other maths. It was a bit more fun and doing it against the clock is always a bonus.

14. Lol yeah ive been doing that. DS rocks :p

15. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Small bit of advice: don't get in the habit of writing and punctuating in 'textspeak'.