Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chimera, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

It is interesting to note the comparison between these two sad sagas.

Between 1995 and 2002, four young people committed suicide in a large Army training establishment. Cue a series of Police, military and judicial investigations, a reviews by MPs, the Adult learning Inspectorate etc etc. Cue a cult of "conspiracy theorists". Cue accusations of "cover ups" etc etc.

In the last 18 months twenty one young people have committed suicide in just one small Welsh town. Cue the usual sensationalist reader grabbing coverage from the media.... but I now hear the sound of silence from the rest. Where are the calls for public inquiries? The calls for the mayor of Bridgend to be charged? The theory that there is actually a serial killer in Bridgend and "they" are covering it up? Are the Police incompetent? Who else can we blame? etc etc
  2. What comparisons are there?
  3. They're only Welsh, ffs! :twisted:
  4. Having visited Bridgend I cannot see why there aren't more to be honest.
  5. Its all the work of evil nazi vampire Phil the Greek
  6. If they get beaten by Italy, there will not be enough rope in Wales - quick open a shop!
  7. We should close down Bridgend. It is pretty sad when these punters kill themselves, but maybe it might give some perspective to the parents of the Deepcut soldiers who are determined to "find out the truth". FFS your child killed themselves and pursuing this and trying to blame the Army for murder won't bring them back. As I said shut down Bridgend and get 3 or 4 different police forces to investigate until one of them gives you the right answer.
  8. The Deepcut sniper is in Bridgeend?
  9. Wont happen as we are not Engerland. :p

Bridgend is a Khazi of a place so there is your answer to why they did it, or, more than probably trying to read the spelling on BEBO websites drove them insane. "R U goin 2 top uself, LOL."

Where is the problem, BEBO users topping themselves, sounds like natural selection to me. Next time kids, see if you can get your English Teachers to join your suicide cult.

Make sure you make a proper noose.
  10. Nope, but his bro with a rope fetish is..... :wink:
  11. Strangely enough I thought the same thing having seen this on the news. I understand the grief of parents who lose a child and the last thing they may want to admit is that they have killed themselves. However in the case of the Deepcut deaths the Army is a nice big target that can be attacked by parents looking for something to blame for their kids bailing out. As for the Wales cases perhaps there isn't a whole load of hysteria because money grabbing lawyers and media types don't see a great deal of money to be squeezed out of Bridgend Council!

12. Perhaps we could move it to St Athan???
  13. Bridgend or Deepcut?

Theres only one way to find out.... FIIIIIGHT!!!!!

14. daz

daz LE

Erh, Not in one small Welsh town mate, Bridgend County yes, but not the town it's self, slight difference there, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

15. And the order of magnitude is not increased dramatically, it goes from 21 per approx 40000 to 21 per approx 100000!