Bribe frees Taliban commander

Rumpelstiltskin said:
KGB_resident said:
msr said:
Or just detain him in one of our facilities?

msr
He simply would pay more.
We're not Russian, Sergey. A crate of vodka's not enough to make Brit squaddies help the enemy.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

Col Mendonca was told that the men had been brought in for questioning and were being held. He was also told of a claim that money had been pocketed by his men during the arrests. And he was incandescent when that allegation was confirmed to be true.
Btw, was anybody punished for the theft? As I understand - nobody. So if not 7,500 but 75,000 lovely Pounds would be proposed then who knows what would happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...rq31.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/03/31/ixworld.html

The Army apologised yesterday for raiding the home of a prominent MP from Basra and arresting his family. Officers blamed an intelligence blunder.
The MP, a member of the Shia coalition, said British tanks and helicopters surrounded his house before soldiers blew open the front door with explosives.

"They smashed the windows of the cars parked in the garage, smashed the computer to the ground and took $260,000 from the house," said Mr Mansour, who comes from one of southern Iraq's wealthiest families.
As I'm aware the fate of $260,000 is still unclear.

Why, if the BBC, as a national sinstitution, is in contact with this creature, are they not assisting our forces in making sure he doesn't stay at large for too long?
Surely to be in contact with a terrorist, but NOT revealing information that helps his capture is tantamount to supporting terrorism?

Or am I just being naive?

So if not 7,500 but 75,000 lovely Pounds would be proposed then who knows what would happen.
No Sergey, even the absolute worst squaddie in the Army wouldn't endanger the lives of other British soldiers for money. There's theft and treason- which is too high-falutin' a word for something as basic and inherently unthinkable as putting your mates at risk.

So the Baha Musa case- the fact you trot it out so often shows how little dirt can one actually dig up on British soldiers, despite us having journalists who don't get slotted on their doorsteps for reporting our failings- is really, very, very irrelevant, tragic and horrible though it is.

I'm sure far more Russian soldiers have been beaten to death by their own comrades since 2003 than have persons been unlawfully harmed by British soldiers in both theatres of war.

But there's no point willy-waving- it's cold in Moscow. :wink:

Rumpelstiltskin said:
So if not 7,500 but 75,000 lovely Pounds would be proposed then who knows what would happen.
No Sergey, even the absolute worst squaddie in the Army wouldn't endanger the lives of other British soldiers for money. There's theft and treason- which is too high-falutin' a word for something as basic and inherently unthinkable as putting your mates at risk.

So the Baha Musa case- the fact you trot it out so often shows how little dirt can one actually dig up on British soldiers, despite us having journalists who don't get slotted on their doorsteps for reporting our failings- is really, very, very irrelevant, tragic and horrible though it is.

I'm sure far more Russian soldiers have been beaten to death by their own comrades since 2003 than have persons been unlawfully harmed by British soldiers in both theatres of war.

But there's no point willy-waving- it's cold in Moscow. :wink:
Indeed, Rumpelstiltskin its cold now in Moscow. Though the cold is not too severe -15C ... -20C.

I meant not Baha Mousa case itself but the theft happened in the hotel where he worked and as I see the case was not addressed.

British soldiers as other soldiers around the Globe are merely human beings. So who would blame Brits who sold their stories about Iranian captivity?

Suppose that Afghan warlord is captured. But there are hundreds and thousands other warlords and he would be replaced by another nutter very easily. But suppose that guards (British or American) would receive very attractive proposition...

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/11/8e25e716-7a5a-44d3-a1d9-c0b461cc4e2a.html

A request by a lawyer of a U.S. soldier led to the identification of Omar al-Faruq as one of the four suspected Al-Qaeda terrorists who managed to escape in July from the U.S. detention facility at Bagram Air Base north of Kabul, leading to calls for better security at Bagram and leaving a sense of unease in Indonesia, where al-Faruq had mainly operated.

On 11 July, the four escaped from Bagram, the main base for more than 18,000 U.S. forces stationed in Afghanistan and also the detention center for most of the some 500 terror suspects held in Afghanistan by U.S. forces.

The four escapees were identified as threats to Afghan and international security by the United States, which conducted a massive but unsuccessful manhunt to recapture them.
If it is possible to escape from heavily guarded Bagram base then in theory it is possible everywhere in Afghanistan.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
The Army apologised yesterday for raiding the home of a prominent MP from Basra and arresting his family. Officers blamed an intelligence blunder.
The MP, a member of the Shia coalition, said British tanks and helicopters surrounded his house before soldiers blew open the front door with explosives.

"They smashed the windows of the cars parked in the garage, smashed the computer to the ground,nicked my 50 inch plasma,took my piccaso,my rolex,my 6 porsche's and 2 ferrari's,pissed on my Man utd top,shagged my two daughters after taking them back to camp for a 'bop' took a dump on the carpet in the living room and took $260,000 from the house," said Mr Mansour, who comes from one of southern Iraq's wealthiest families.
As I'm aware the fate of $260,000 is still unclear.[/quote]

I've changed it to look more like a genuine unemployed persons claim :D

the_boy_syrup said:

"They smashed the windows of the cars parked in the garage, smashed the computer to the ground,nicked my 50 inch plasma,took my piccaso,my rolex,my 6 porsche's and 2 ferrari's,pissed on my Man utd top,shagged my two daughters after taking them back to camp for a 'bop' took a dump on the carpet in the living room and took $260,000 from the house," said Mr Mansour, who comes from one of southern Iraq's wealthiest families.
KGB_resident said:
As I'm aware the fate of $260,000 is still unclear.
I've changed it to look more like a genuine unemployed persons claim :D
I see it on another, grave angle. I don't exclude that a mysterious death in Basra is connected to these $260,000.

Caputured THREE times, and never once decided to take the "suicide and martedom" route?

Guys a poof.

Next time he's caught, smother him in pigs fat and throw him out of the heli.

Latest Threads