Brexit - the party

civvy

Old-Salt
French fizz in the fridge. Cheese nicely maturing. 'twould be a shame to waste it!

Cry two tears in a bucket, fucket, lets take it to the stage. See you in the Square

I’ve just had a very enjoyable evening watching Michael Portillo at Salisbury City Hall. Tremendous entertainment. One of his final comments was to urge us all to “go home, join the Labour Party and vote for Rebecca Long Bailey, as the continuity candidate”. :grin:
He also had warm words for Boris, having first admitted he wasn’t originally a fan.
A great night and now I’m off home to toast the new era at 11.

So what disaster has befallen you since BREXIT?

Last night, after we left the EU, our largest dog decided to throw everything it had eaten up in one giant fountain of vomit. took us 40 mins to clean up.

So what disaster has befallen you since BREXIT?

Last night, after we left the EU, our largest dog decided to throw everything it had eaten up in one giant fountain of vomit. took us 40 mins to clean up.
Poisoned mouse throwing itself round the kitchen was fun after too little sleep and a raging hangover.

endure

GCM
The poodle, the Cane Corso and I celebrated with some smelly brie and a bottle of Barolo drunk from a Baccarat glass... ;-)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I was at a posh dinner at the Cavalry & Guards Club on Piccadilly last night.

The official Brexit Party Party was going on upstairs. They all decamped there after Nigel’s little gig in Trafalgar Square.

I couldn’t be arsed to stay and gatecrash but some of our party did. A selfie with Nigel Farage on Brexit night would’ve been fun.

I’ll never understand to this day why people wanted to remain in the European Union. It was always clear they hated Great Britain - we have kicked their arses repeatedly over the years and they do not like us. Never have and never will.

I’ll never understand to this day why people wanted to remain in the European Union. It was always clear they hated Great Britain - we have kicked their arses repeatedly over the years and they do not like us. Never have and never will.
Also, if we were ever that keen why did we keep chasing opt outs.
Something I read by a French diplomat said that really we left the great project in 1993.

"Pierre Sellal, a veteran French diplomat who served two stints as the Elysée’s ambassador to the EU, said that he might pinpoint the U.K.’s departure, at least in spirit, to 1993, when former Prime Minister John Major decided to obtain an opt-out from the “social chapter,” a protocol attached to the Maastricht Treaty that laid out broad social policy goals.

“For me, they started leaving when they preferred an opt-out strategy to a continued presence aimed at influencing political content,” Sellal said. “Those were the first signs of what was going to happen down the road.”

French fizz in the fridge. Cheese nicely maturing. 'twould be a shame to waste it!

Nah, I've got "Stinking Bishop" with a nice glass of British ale!!

My bold methinks its because they have a collective massive inferiority complex!!
From wiki ...
inferiority complex.

NOUN

1. an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behaviour in compensation

Latest Threads