Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Brexit - The Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on its way.

You will be claiming next that the EU can be reformed from within.

It’s a good job we aren’t relying on it. Unlike their navy.
It’s been threatened for decades with still no sign of it. Are they waiting for Turkey to sign up to boost the numbers?

C'mon skidders.

Give us the benefit of your wisdom and tell us who YOU think is responsible for the past 3 years. Leavers or Remainers.

It doesn’t matter, what I think. You still won’t believe what’s in front of your nose.

It’s not difficult, we had Raab and Davis doing the negotiating. Barnier and the Eu crowd weren’t talking to the remainers.

Johnson, the remainer as Foreign Sec.

They had a DeXeu completely stuffed with brexiters and still we are where we are.

It was only at Chequers when they realised that Brexit couldn’t be delivered, they all started resigning and holding Theresa May and some CS responsible

Are we still expecting the German car industry to come and save us. (Our local BM dealership now bakes it’s own scones. Very good too)

What happens now. There are no remainers to blame.
The brexiters have complete control

So tell me, how quickly do you see us proceeding from here on in.

Oh FFS
Where did we go for aid when the Americans (you remember those special relationships people) told us we were on our own in the Gulf.
Hunt told the US no thanks not the other way round. Let's see how long that stance survives the new PM.

And he went nowhere near the EU. His proposal specifically excludes any EU involvement.

You know both of these things, so stop lying.

I was being tongue in cheek

There can be no unity of purpose unless either a hard brexit or hard remain government ends up in power, with sufficient MPs on board to get legislation done.

Head gear seems to advocate for a very authoritarian type form of government and CS oversight which can only produce a toxic environment and wreck the interface between government and civil service by having the CS in a state of fear of summary career death if they dare to speak their own views to power.

Still. We have to leave. Right now!

Has poor Baggy had a bump on the head?

What on earth is the matter with the brexiters.
You won the referendum.
You managed to hold everyone else, responsible for the current chaos around brexit.
And now, again, you’ve got what you want in regard to brexiters running the show.
Who are you going to be holding responsible for it if it still doesn’t work?

If it’s still the remainers ( who have had little or nothing to do with the brexit negotiations).

You have to admit, by doing little or nothing, we’ve played a blinder.
Conventional wisdom has it that Brexiteers did not know what they were voting for.
Parliamentary behaviour over the past two years indicates that MPs did not know what they were voting for when they invoked article 50.
Remainers today are saying that the Tory party membership have no idea what they have done by electing BJ.
The SNP have said today that BJ doesn't know what he is doing.
Labour have said they will vote against any deal proposed by the government.
Labour have also admitted that they don't know what to do and will probably therefore, support a second referendum.

What kind of dithering, procrasting, uncertain type of country have we become? ETA or is it our elected reps who have become dithering procrastinators charecterized by manic uncertainty.

Last edited:
Interesting letter in the Telegraph.
SIR – I feel energised now that Boris Johnson is to be in charge. His enthusiastic, optimistic approach is infectious and it is long overdue.

I’m not particularly political, but I vowed not to vote Conservative again, after the Brexit agreement imposed by Theresa May at Chequers. Now maybe the Tories will get a second chance from me and many like me.
Nearly as important, we will see the end of the “grey-faced” brigade of Mrs May, Philip Hammond and others, sitting in positions of power and thoroughly depressing the population. Hopefully even Sir John Major will get back in his box and not reappear.

Here’s to a future to look forward to.

Here's what the Labour party in particular will fear. The Tory vote was holding up reasonably well until May failed to Brexit on 31st March. It then went into free fall. With BoJo in charge, the Tory vote may now recover. That leaves the Labour party 10% behind in the polls and an increased likelihood BoJo will maneuver parliament into blocking Brexit then go the the country on a single issue "people v parliament" GE. (Having first prepared the ground by a series of populist initiatives and tax cuts).

Wordsmith

I was being tongue in cheek

There can be no unity of purpose unless either a hard brexit or hard remain government ends up in power, with sufficient MPs on board to get legislation done.

Head gear seems to advocate for a very authoritarian type form of government and CS oversight which can only produce a toxic environment and wreck the interface between government and civil service by having the CS in a state of fear of summary career death if they dare to speak their own views to power.

Still. We have to leave. Right now!

Morning Baggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.