Brexit - The Final

Boris isn’t daft. He knows exactly what has to happen to leave the EU, he just chooses rather selectively who to tell, although his reported comments at BIBA today are telling. He knows both the implementation period and backstop are required.

Be in no doubt that in the implementation period that’s coming up – but also if we get this wrong in the backstop and beyond – Brussels could use the opportunity to undermine the competitiveness of our businesses and our markets.”

Boris Johnson warns EU deal could undermine UK insurance market

Regardless of who’s in the driving seat, the options remain the same.

The Deal.
No Deal.
No Brexit.
You could also add that two of those are poisoned chalices.

Sign up to May deal and the party/parties that do that lose the next GE because the EU will predictably refuse to let us leave the WA - not what you want as one of the dominant themes of the election campaign.

No Brexit fuels the rise of the Brexit Party, probably to the extent they become the official opposition in the resulting GE.

No deal is the only option that'll save the Tory party at present:
  • If it's blocked by the opposition parties, their poll ratings take a hit and the Tory ones start to recover.
  • If they get it through, they start to regain some of the support lost to the Brexit party. They then have to hope a no-deal Brexit is a relatively smooth process and the economy is back to growth before the next GE.
If the Tories want to continue to commit political suicide, they just have to perpetuate May's policy of f---ing up Brexiting.

Wordsmith

I’m not going to die in a ditch if BREXIT is revoked, especially as the shít storm caused would be highly amusing.

I do think if it is revoked then the EU are going to have our pants down.

More happy nomad dobbing I see.

Have you seen how HappyNomad is literally glued to this site. I popped on at 3am, as a break from revising for a french exam, and there he was, dobbing away and then I say he was about doing the same at 9am.

I suspect given his chronic social media use, happy is the wrong moniker.

Social Media Increases Depression and Loneliness

Poor guy.
@amazing__lobster does The Chase

Priceless!

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/search/148893/

You could also add that two of those are poisoned chalices.

Sign up to May deal and the party/parties that do that lose the next GE because the EU will predictably refuse to let us leave the WA - not what you want as one of the dominant themes of the election campaign.

No Brexit fuels the rise of the Brexit Party, probably to the extent they become the official opposition in the resulting GE.

No deal is the only option that'll save the Tory party at present:
  • If it's blocked by the opposition parties, their poll ratings take a hit and the Tory ones start to recover.
  • If they get it through, they start to regain some of the support lost to the Brexit party. They then have to hope a no-deal Brexit is a relatively smooth process and the economy is back to growth before the next GE.
If the Tories want to continue to commit political suicide, they just have to perpetuate May's policy of f---ing up Brexiting.

Wordsmith
I agree with your logic, but Boris is very gently rowing away from no deal...

C29FE836-38CF-4CC9-8D03-720B00044A0F.jpeg