Brexit - The Final

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah must have lied, therefore you are assuming they lied.

What effect have these lies had?

What lies have those advocating remain told?

What effect have these lies had?
Both sides relied on soundbites, half-truths and outright lies. One of the most disappointing aspects of the whole referendum (and my side won) was the extremely low standard of debate. Instead of reasoned arguments, we got the politics of the playground.

One of the beefs of the Remain side seems to be that the Leave sides' soundbites, half-truths and outright lies were more effective than the Remain sides' soundbites, half-truths and outright lies.

Wordsmith

Both sides relied on soundbites, half-truths and outright lies. One of the most disappointing aspects of the whole referendum (and my side won) was the extremely low standard of debate. Instead of reasoned arguments, we got the politics of the playground.

One of the beefs of the Remain side seems to be that the Leave sides' soundbites, half-truths and outright lies were more effective than the Remain sides' soundbites, half-truths and outright lies.

Wordsmith
I suspect the other beef the remain campaign had was not being able to sell the status quo and being so detached from reality that they actually thought people would be too scared to vote for change.

Wordsmith
This and the fact that the bbc (on R4 and 5 anyway) have now regressed to junior school levels of debate I find worrying, and insulting.
At 1830 tonight on R4 Sandi Toksvig will be hosting a 30 minute piece on that great thinker, Jeremy Hardy.
Sandi is old school, funny and intelligent. Hardy was neither.

Pointing out the other side tells lies and then when challenged about your own side, you cry like a baby is not exactly laser like analysis of a problem... I suggest you stick to year one political discourse and leave the complicated stuff to grown ups.
The simple fact that Remain told the biggest lie really does seem to vex you, doesn't it?

The tired old "I'll show him, I'll ask a raft of totally irrelevant bollcks questions that will make me look really clever" is as pointless and intellectually bankrupt as you are.

Remain told a whopper. Someone as clever as you may well be aware of it.

BJ is even facing prosecution for it.

Case against Boris Johnson for ‘Brexit lies’ will have public hearing on EU election day | Metro News

Umm... I'm just pointing out the Leave camp lied.
ALL politicians are proven to be liars, the remain side told many lies, yet remoaners always seem to forget this. Look at PM TM - she's a deluded (remainer) F*ckwit and tells everyone what they want to hear, yet fails to deliver - how many times did she say we were leaving the EU in March? It was even signed into Law - and then ignored!

The Cons/House of Lords/Limp Dems and other remoaner scum are 'Traitors to Democracy' - and people that don't accept that are traitors, even with all the lies the 'project fear' remoaners told - the public still voted to leave.

Remoaners are easily led, basically they are just oxygen thieves & are gullible. Luckily (for them) there are people with common sense, a sense of decency and are democratic, willing to fight for then - because they are too stupid to do it themselves.

The simple fact that Remain told the biggest lie really does seem to vex you, doesn't it?

The tired old "I'll show him, I'll ask a raft of totally irrelevant bollcks questions that will make me look really clever" is as pointless and intellectually bankrupt as you are.

Remain told a whopper. Someone as clever as you may well be aware of it.

BJ is even facing prosecution for it.

Case against Boris Johnson for ‘Brexit lies’ will have public hearing on EU election day | Metro News
And how many people made up their minds on the basis of it. None that I know of.
The 9 million sterling leaflet which the taxpayer paid for was far more disgusting, and I do know people who became more likely to vote leave because of it.

The UK hasn’t left the EU yet, as such what was on the side of that bus cannot be a lie.

The slogan says “let’s fund our NHS instead”, it’s clearly an aspiration, not a promise.

If it’s likened to a manifesto promise then case law exists that provides manifestos are not legally binding.

An extra £20bn has been set aside since that campaign was run.

Wordsmith
Which actually annoys the Leave camp...