Brexit - The Final

The morning starts with brexit reality... A crap idea, based upon paranoia, will do nothing to help delusions, only fools fell for the lies.

Will new laws about fake news, hate crimes and political truth make a difference? No because they are too late. 17.4 million have already been permanently damaged by propaganda.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was any mechanism whereby a person in public office could be debarred for mental illness (in the same way as a diagnosed mentally ill person cannot be a company director)? It is clear that no-one in the Tory party (or Civil Service etc.) would have the balls to try to pursue this line however.
There is of course that provision in which case the Deputy, IIRC that's the Chancellor if there is no deputy takes over. But I wonder at whom the mental competence should be addressed. There are 650 mad twats in Parliament who seem to be determined to immolate themselves and this country at the expense of leaving the EU. The principle opposition party engineered A 50, the SNP are as much use as a saggy Doughnut. The one reason no one wants the job is simply because the deal will not be accepted no matter who leads and the wimps haven't had the guts to tell Brussels to shove it. Instead Parliament "Instructs" the PM to get a further deferment. For me this is not about the PM it's about Parliament. Incidentally

Apparently according to Euronews last night Macron is keeping his powder dry as to who France will support as new Commission president. There is a concept that the President should be elected by CM and not the parliament and we all know there is hostility between the Commission and the EP who consider them over mighty. This does not bode well for the new session if the Brexiteers get a majority in the EP.

France wants control but doesn't control the money, their own faux Pas. And then to cap it all and to appear PC, someone called for a woman to be head of the commission. There is after all only one contender. Unless of course we chuck it in and stay in which case there'll be two. But then the concept of uk style politics in Brussels will go down a treat. Just a thought.

No the majority didn’t and they still don’t.
well you could have point since no one cared about the rest of our rights and has interfered with them. If their rights are enshrined in law, where are our protections. Oh I know, we can take them to court if we have long pockets means, which in effect means who cares. In the meantime the immutable laws of nature, means that two plusses or two minuses can't have kids as technically there is no circuit, unless it's biologically interfered with. In the meantime Turf war could have new connotations (TERF) . Happy days, all people are the same, except some are different and some are more different than others. Yup we're all united and ready for a united Europe. All hail the Man(ekkin) Piss

So here's May's problem.

State Opening of Parliament - Wikipedia

Each session of parliament starts with a Queen's Speech.
The monarch reads a prepared speech, known as the "Speech from the Throne" or the "Queen's Speech", outlining the Government's agenda for the coming year. The speech is written by the Prime Minister and their cabinet members, and reflects the legislative agenda for which the Government seeks the agreement of both Houses of Parliament.
But:
Following this debate [on the Queens Speech], a vote is taken on the Government Programme. If the Government loses the vote, it is considered to be a vote of no confidence.
So basically May ran out of any meaningful legislation to put before parliament a month ago. So they're debating trivial issues. But May can't put any new legislation before parliament without another session of parliament and a new Queens Speech - the vote on which is effectively a vote of confidence in the Government. And May can't risk that vote, because that losing it would mean an immediate GE.

So now - with the exception of the Brexit legislation which needs to be passed by parliament, parliament has f--- all to do. And won't have until May is removed and the incoming Tory PM risks a new Queens Speech.

Have I mentioned the extensive fuster cluck May has created?

Wordsmith

Rot
The majority of people of the UK support equal rights for everyone, not the pandering to shouty types so beloved of shallow thinkers who don't believe in democracy...
You're missing a trick here. Every mention of "Tory austerity" should be countered with "wanton Labour profligacy". At least it'll shut the mung bean Marxists up while they Google for "profligacy" on their Ipads.

Like at his geriatric misery march, Nigel can't help but squeeze some coin from the gullible

Farage’s Brexit Party charges £2.50 to attend Edinburgh rally
Why are you Rabid Remainers* so rattled by a man you claim is no threat to anything? Why does his method of funding his no threat Party exercise you so much.

You tell the world and his next door neighbour that the man is a politically ineffectual waste of space yet you spend a lot of time finding and posting stuff you think will prove your point and discredit him further.

There is a delicious irony in you, a multiple SPotY winner with the mental acuity of an amoeba, calling over a hundred thousand supporters (including financier Jeremy Hoskins - £200k) 'gullible'

*not all Remainers are rabid but all childish Bagl0cks are.

Why are you Rabid Remainers* so rattled by a man you claim is no threat to anything? Why does his method of funding his no threat Party exercise you so much.

You tell the world and his next door neighbour that the man is a politically ineffectual waste of space yet you spend a lot of time finding and posting stuff you think will prove your point and discredit him further.

There is a delicious irony in you, a multiple SPotY winner with the mental acuity of an amoeba, calling over a hundred thousand supporters (including financier Jeremy Hoskins - £200k) 'gullible'

*not all Remainers are rabid but all childish Bagl0cks are.
From the squeals. it does rather look like the remainer faithful are beginning to better appreciate the scale of the oncoming juggernaut they started in motion.

Also, I like it when @Bagl0ck fails to spell Dunning-Kruger correctly.

The hilarious irony is hilariously ironic.

Last edited:
Yup one way or the other, we remain on lies or we leave on lies. The operative word being lies. Your serve
Parliament and the media have collaborated in so much mistruth and spin, that the word 'lie' itself is largely meaningless in modern democracy.. My suspicion, is the constant need to be right all of the time and the obsession with controlling the news agenda, led us into this Orwellian political landscape and it saddens me to see the consequences.

The underlying fault line in our politics, is the fault itself is recognised by all and sundry, including even the myopic like baglock. But rather than collectively we turn our fire onto the politicians and make them change. The weak panic...

As a metaphor, the bus is driving towards a cliff edge and anyone who shouts for the bus to turn around is heckled and shouted at. Leaving the insiders arguing about when best to apply a break, that they don't really want to apply.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, most Europeans apparently expect the end of the EU within 20 years, well within my expected lifetime.
Perhaps I should start saying "The EU will die this winter" for the next few years until I am proved correct?
From that squalid little rag again, and it makes for interesting reading.

Majority of Europeans expect end of EU within 20 years

The voting posters went up outside our Mairie yesterday, a new record of 33 parties standing.
One that touched my heart was the Animalist Party with the picture of an adorable Basset hound staring out at you.
Out of the others there are at least 5 slagging off Europe (the EU) as being bad for France and the working classes.
Make of that what you will, but Manny is in for yet another shock.

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
Your position flies in the face of reasonable expectation is all.

Every opinion polling organisation, every newspaper, every political commentator, every armchair pundit etc. all have the Brexit Party way out in the lead... :
I will take challenge that assertation, and correct it:
2 polls in the last month have Brexit Party "way out in the lead" ; 2 others with what I will describe a "healthy lead" (for want of a better description) and 4 with a very modest lead. When you take into account the accuracy of polls, it is not as clear-cut as you suggest.

Latest, Comres poll has Brexit party at 27%, Labour at 25%, Tories at 15% and Lib-Dems at 13%.

I will take the opinion poll data before the Referendum as an example of how they can get it wrong:
4/6 Polls run on 22nd June 2016 had Remain as ahead (one by a clear 10%), only 2 had Leave ahead, and those only predicted either a 1 or 2% result in leave favour.

So whilst it is fair to state that Opinion polls suggest that the Brexit party may well end up with largest share of the European Election votes, your statement is inaccurate.

I would suggest, rather, that there is still plenty to play for from all sides.

editted to tidy up a couple of typos

Last edited:
I will take challenge that assertation, and correct it:
2 polls in the last month have Brxit Party "way out in the lead" ; 2 others with what i will describe a "healthy lead" 9for want of a better description) and 4 with a very modest lead. When you take into account the accuracy of polls, it is not as clear-cut as you suggest.

<Snipped>

I would suggest, rather, that there is still plenty to play for from all sides.
Fair point, but you also need to take into account the local elections (where the Brexit party was not standing). Both the Tories and Labour took a hammering - the Tories being hit harder than Labour. And that was actual votes, not an opinion poll.

Wordsmith